Russian Matryoshka Nesting Dolls (set of 3 nesting coins)

avroair

I got mine today too, they are cute but I for some reason I thought these actually stuck to each other (magnetic). Come to find out they don't :laughing:

Haven't gotten mine yet but, you mean they DON'T!! :laughing:

Nope, we explored that option, but it doesn't work since they fit inside, all the same way.

I have to start by saying that these coins are in fact VERY Beautiful. I am quite pleased with the purchase but do have a few observations. As noted above they don't stick together. They are recessed by a very small amount by they don't really nest properly. Due to the faces of the coins being slightly convex they just slide on top of one another. Given the cost associated with this set and the "special feature" in the design not really working, I do feel slightly disappointed and somewhat mislead. I am not saying that this was intentional but when the coins don't actually do what they were advertised to do I can help but wonder if this project should have spent more time being reworked by the mint. Alternatively, it might have been better to go with all three being trackable and having the back designed instead...

Again, beautiful coins with a great theme...just didn't live up to expectations.

I have to start by saying that these coins are in fact VERY Beautiful. I am quite pleased with the purchase but do have a few observations. As noted above they don't stick together. They are recessed by a very small amount by they don't really nest properly. Due to the faces of the coins being slightly convex they just slide on top of one another. Given the cost associated with this set and the "special feature" in the design not really working, I do feel slightly disappointed and somewhat mislead. I am not saying that this was intentional but when the coins don't actually do what they were advertised to do I can help but wonder if this project should have spent more time being reworked by the mint. Alternatively, it might have been better to go with all three being trackable and having the back designed instead...

Again, beautiful coins with a great theme...just didn't live up to expectations.

I agree, I worked with the mint for 3 months on these and gave them numerous changes, which they ultimately weren't able to do. They were supposed to be deeper. Sorry if you feel misled.

I agree, I worked with the mint for 3 months on these and gave them numerous changes, which they ultimately weren't able to do. They were supposed to be deeper. Sorry if you feel misled.

Sorry that the mint couldn't make it happen the way you wanted. Sometimes it's the little details that are frustrating. The coins are indeed quite beautiful and I'm happy to have them in the collection.

Got mine today.... Not exactly what I expected even with them not 'sticking' together with magnets. I was under the impression that they fit 'into' one another, not 'onto' one another.... I agree with a previous post, being made this way, they should have all come with individual tracking numbers.

all in all they are a cool set of coins, but I guess I had higher expectations...

Having some trouble retrieving the activation codes from the oakcoins site. Emailed support but no response. Any one else have this problem?

Getting my ones yesterday!

I've got also a problem with activating my coin and i've written two times to the support, no answer :cry:

But the coin is beautiful ;)

I hope i can finish my activation someday...

I received mine today, and, also wish very much that they either fit together or stuck together in some way. While they are very beautiful, It would have been helpful to understand this before ordering.

The way they are, it would be best if each had a tracking number (it would be fun to drop each in different locations and see if they could come together as a set again).