Linked series of caches.

markandlynn

Like many people i filter out types of caches i dont enjoy from my PQ's to leave only the types i do enjoy.

Unfortunately this brings us a problem if a multi involves finding other caches in a series that fall below or outside our normal search parameters we then have to PQ those as well (usually individually).

So what id like to see is the facility for cache owners to link cache series together. The way id envisage this working is that on the cache creation page there is a box you tick stating this cache is part of a linked series.

This then brings an additional list showing your other hides with tick boxes you select to link them together.

A pq can then have the option in it to include linked caches.

Exisiting caches as ever would be the issue but once a log saying can you link this series is posted they would eventually catch up.

In effect it would be like a private bookmark list but at a lower level (i would not lose a pq for a 15 cache bookmark list for example.)

Thanks for listening .

... they disabled the HTML links I had for keeping my serieses of caches together.

What do you mean? Which links are disabled? And who did it?

I have caches with links to subtending caches - this works fine!

One of the changes in the last site update removed support for forms in cache pages. If I remember correctly, his links were in a select tag.