Non Christians in Geocaching

XopherN71

If this thread is about religion, it goes into off topic.

If this thread is going to be about a coin, please get it back on topic.

I'll be checking back later.

Hey Eartha~

Another moderator chose to move the thread here. I'm not sure why and I can see how this type of discussion - even though part of it relates to coins - may not be appropriate here. Maybe you could check with the other moderator and find out why he moved the thread in the first place?

IMHO, it should go back to where it was originally. But I do not get to make those decisions. :huh:

It's impossibly to have a thread about "Non Christians" without it turning into a train wreck. Thats why it belongs in Off Topic.

Perhaps if the focus from the beginning was something non religious it may fare better. By titling the thread "non-Christian", you are already baiting the hook and alienating "2.1 billion" people.

Hey Eartha~

Another moderator chose to move the thread here. I'm not sure why and I can see how this type of discussion - even though part of it relates to coins - may not be appropriate here. Maybe you could check with the other moderator and find out why he moved the thread in the first place?

IMHO, it should go back to where it was originally. But I do not get to make those decisions. :huh:

As much as I love hearing about your humanist religion... What does that have to do with coins or geocaching? Hmmmm..

i like the idea of coins like the coexist coin or the other one that was posted. or the karma idea, something nice promoting unity, or a generic good values coin.

im not sure if i see a need for an explicitly non-christian coin however. saying non-christian does seem to be saying "christians not welcome" though i suspect that isn't at all what was meant. I think that there are a ton of christian caching groups, christian coins, etc. and that the point was "what about the rest of us?"

and i take a great deal of offense to the idea that being non-christian is somehow lacking any values. i don't need a rulebook to know what is right and wrong, and I don't need the threat of consequence to choose to do what is right.

Question for you, please. Why does "religion" (but not Christian religion) go into "off topic"--

but "Christian geocaching" goes in "organized caching"?

Question for you, please. Why does "religion" (but not Christian religion) go into "off topic"--

Please don´t take postings here too serious, I think the off topic suggestion was just an example off possible topics. I do not think it´s meant to lable other religions minor than christianity...

I gues these posts where the final ones to throw the topic off the geocoin thread, due to discussing religion rather than the coin-project :huh:

Please do not take my post too serious, my english is not that good to be able to discuss topics like religion.

I don't see them debating religion and demeaning other religions in those threads. They are discussing organized geocaching or geocoins in those other threads.. There's a thought!

That's because they don't get bothered by people who appose a thread like this. Doesn't bother me in the least that a 'Christian Geocachers' thread was started for example, yet Christians and the like feel it necessary to stop in and start the debating over and over again (as I've asked many times not to happen).

I tried to do the same sort of thread twice now, and both turned into a religious debate.

Edited by XopherN71

That's because they don't get bothered by people who appose a thread like this. Doesn't bother me in the least that a 'Christian Geocachers' thread was started for example, yet Christians and the like feel it necessary to stop in and start the debating over and over again (as I've asked many times not to happen).

I tried to do the same sort of thread twice now, and both turned into a religious debate.

Got the coins narrowed down to a better focus yet, or are you doing to debate the debating?

OK, I'll try to do this right.

It turns out here that the OP isn't even making a coin or even thinking about making a coin. so this thread does NOT belong in the geocoin forums, the OP just wanted to discuss ideas for in case someone wants to.

Since it is about geocoins (sort of) I'm not sure off topic is a good place for it.

Since organized geocaching is about geocaching, and not geocoins, that's not the home for it either.

Getting started doesn't work.

Geocaching topics? No. Geocaching website? No. CITO? No, ClayJar's chat? That's not up to me and i can't move threads there. GPS Units and software? No. GPS garage sale? No. GPS in Education? No. Benchmark hunting? No. National Geodetic survey? No. The National Map Corps? No. GPS and Ham Radio? No. The Travel Bug? No. The Hunt / The Unusual? No. Organized Geocaching? See above. Hiking and Backpacking? No. Any regional forum? No. Waymarking or Wherigo? no.

So, if nobody is actually making a coin, and there is no home for this thread. I think it's just time to close it. Unless someone decides to go forward with a geocoin, let me know, and I'll reopen it.