A new addition to PengoFamily so we are celebrating...

PengoFamily

I am sooo excited that I just had to share the joy. We adopted a Boston Terrier named Spade this past Friday. He's 1 1/2 years old and he's a bundle of energy. He is fitting right in with the PengoFamily very well. He's even black and white like a penguin...LOL!! :) And it seemed to happen just at the perfect time. We love our new PengoDog.

rsz_spade21.JPG

rsz_spade31.JPG

So in honor of that I wanted to hold a little cointest. I will be giving away 2 Random Coins...will post what they are once I fish through my stuff and figure it out.

So in order to win a geocoin you must post a photo of your GeoPet. BUT the catch is that the picture has to be geocaching related somehow. I.E A pic of your dog at a geocache, or if you have a pet that cannot geocache a picture of your pet with something else caching related, i.e. GPS, Geocoins, etc but something that is pretty obvious is caching related. Please do not camo tape your pet. :):)

1 entry per cacher/person please.

I will use a random number generator to pick 2 winners.

You have until Monday, May 19th 6pm EST to post a photo.

Have fun!!

Edited by PengoFamily

Hay, congratulations on your new friend, he looks really cute, I bet you will have a lot of fun with him :)

Now the picture of my geopet is in loving memory, ´cause she died a short while ago.

It´s on a photo with my first Travelbug TB1983B, which is dedicated to my hamster Schnucki. It´s mission is to collect pictures of the TB and other hamsters, just like I did at the time...

81ea4e79-5105-4951-8d46-7d715ae5992e.jpg

Edited by Tschakko

:) Congrats Pengofamily with your new pengodoggie Spade :)

b6eb0220-7a43-4753-87ea-e8d31960682f.jpg

Our Error by Earthcache Geological Path GC14NQ3

When Error see that we take our gps, he goes overjoyed

I am addicted to coins , Error to geocaching

Error never helps us to find the cache, how longer we seek, how much time he has to play

:) Pengofamily thanks for this fun cointest :D

first, congrats to your new beautiful family-member.

here's a pic of our dog ZIPPO.

In 2007 it was the year of the moose, so some cacher started a race

in germany with moose-coins.

the coins should move as far as possible and they had the chance

to get some extra points.

we found one coin and

so we decided to convert our gps-dog into a moose to help the owner of

the coin win the race...:)

efc0febd-4067-4d07-9e64-c13d64c3a2b2.jpg

geopet1.jpg

These are my nephews with their dog Max. Not exactly my geopet, but he visits often enough that I consider him part of the family.

There's nothing to indicate any geocaching going on in this photo, but I can assure you there is! :) This was taken from on top of the rock that hides Cubs Cavern Cache (GCVKAM) and was taken last October on Thanksgiving Day (yes, we here in Canada have Thanksgiving before Halloween :) ).

:) Great small dog, Spade! Congrats with this new Pengo Family member! He may not know yet, but probably he'll help finding hundreds of geocaches in his future life with you! And I think that one day there'll even be a Spade Geocoin! :)

Thank you for organizing this nice cointest! It's a great idea! :D

My cointribution to this cointest is a picture of my GeoDog 'Céline van 't Laagveld'. Her everyday-name simply is 'Muis', Mouse in English. She is a three-and-a-half year old 'Basset Fauve de Bretagne', in English: 'Fawn Brittany Basset'.

The creature in the foreground is 'Pauline das Schaf' (Pauline the Sheep), a German travel bug (TB18ZB6) whose mission is to have her picture taken with as many animals as possible while traveling from cache to cache. So here Pauline was successful again, thanks to Muis's kind cooperation!

I hope Muis wins this cointest for her boss! :)

DSC_4880.jpg

Edited by Captain Zulu

Ah you have a Corgi, dhenninger! Great dogs...I had one growing up.

Just one pic? I have so many with my Geopets. I'll post multiple pics I guess.

HPIM0625.jpg

Duchess enjoys getting cache containers ready!

HPIM0578.jpg

When we first started caching, on the way to GCJWNV (7717)

HPIM1472.jpg

Near GCNV2W, my boys:OptimusCache and io_sono_affamato

HPIM1395.jpg

we never lose a lid!

thanks for the contest and congrats on your new pengopup!

Our geo-dog Sasha:

2ba8b961-4d21-48fd-9207-f1dae0c42f4f.jpg

We started taking her along with us a few months ago, so we decided to give her a TB tag to track her adventures.

382d927a-0648-4378-9e44-d9fdfc8958b4.jpg

She really enjoys going with us, and she loves all the attention she gets from people we meet!

Thanks for the cointest and congrats on the addition to your family!!!!!!!!

This was our Geopup Amarus, He is no longer with us as he was hit by a car, and had to be put to sleep.

e5ea3283-3fb5-48e9-b433-3c6fd336876f.jpg

He loved caching, this picture was taken the day the Green Jeep came in the mail.

Amarus means unforgetable love in greek.

We miss you buddy,

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Hello to all!!!

Oh! Nice dog!!! congratulations Pengo family!!!!!

He is even black and white!!!! a penguin dog!!! B):D:D

I do not have a pet companion when I go for geocaching, but I only have a pair of small parrots!

As you can see in the photo, in their cage, there is a TB (No! I will not relise my pets!!! :) ), and the first Greek geocoin , in the version of shiny silver! this was only for greek geocachers, in 50 pieces!

We are not so many in Greece! :D

My parrot names are:

Frixos and Elli!

Frixos is the blue one (male), and Elli is the green - yellow one (female)!

Hmmm.... they have almost all the Geocaching colors! so, they are officially geobirds, or Geoparrots!!! :)

Their name Frixos & Elli, comes from the Greek Mythology!

Frixos & Elli were brother and sister, children of the king of Koroni in Boiotia. their mother was the daughter of Oceanus, so she was somehow a small goddess!

Their father, remarried and with her new wife he had 2 more children!

Unfortunatelly for Frixos & Elli. their step mother didn't like them at all, and tried to kill them!

She managed to send them to get sucrified to the Gods!!! (hey it is mythology!!!)

Thir mother, learned what was going on, and sended a flying ram with golden fleece! Frixos & Elli ride the ram and flew away! when they were travelling above the sea, elli fell in! the place she fell is called Hellispondos, and you might know it as the Dardanelles!

Posidon took Elli to his kingdom and Frixos continued his journey until he reached Kolchida! (nowdays Georgia??). the king there, welcomed him and gave him his daughter for wife!

Frixos, sucrificed the ram to Zeus and gave its golden fleece as a present to the king! He, dedicated it, to God Aris (Mars), hung it from an oak tree, in the sacred forest of the God, and a dragon who was never sleeping became its guard! For this fleece, Jason and the Argonauts made an epic journey! :D

Anyway.....here is the photo!!!

DSC00412.jpg

As you can see, Frixos is turned to the TB (the traveller) :D

Elli is curious but is turned to the coin! The coin has an ancient ship, and the greek flag is like the sea!!!

Sea??? where Elli fell???? :D

congratuled white your new family member

he is a real sweetie

hopefully he finds a lot of cache`s

here a foto of one of my child she has the name Pim, always thought it was a boy but after 4 years we found out it is a girl.

we found her on the street when she was a little girl and we adopted her, and learn her to cache............

she`s waiting on the satelite`s

e2e9d8de-773d-43a1-a735-b2cbcf1a3ad4.jpg

We too just added a new member to our family. Our pup Samantha will be a geo-pup soon. I even got her own geo-bandana. We also have our 3 yr old geo-pup, Chianna. She goes once in awhile. Mainly when my wife goes so that someone can keep track of her. She is a big dog and is hard to take in the cache-car, so she goes when I take the cache-truck. I am working on getting them both their own pathtag or something of the sort.

cachinsam.jpg

Sam gettin ready to cache

king.jpg

Chianna at one of my caches

Congrats on the new family member.

Another new geo-dog--what fun!! I know he will give you years of fun and unconditional love!

My pack all have their own accounts and now also each wear a geo dog coin on their collar so they can be petted, get belly rubs and then be discovered. They love all the attention LOL and they sure got it today at the event we attended.

Spring at the Crosswinds Marsh event--Rocky, Riley and Molly

52c8b6ec-d9fd-4d64-bf2b-1648f87a9559.jpg

Good Golly Miss Molly at a cache

65a39085-c5be-484a-8f1f-39fb65acb272.jpg

Rocky Raccoon at a cache

cb3ff1ce-36c7-40f1-ae1d-8e80c238d893.jpg

Abbey with Camdyn TB

e7abfea4-28a4-4ba9-b29a-f902fde4f026.jpg

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!!!

Congrat's on the new addition to your family! A Geo-K9 awwwwwww. Love looking at all the pics posted.

These are all pics taken from my geocaching gallery on cache runs with the dogs.

Tristin and Dakota at 'Campfire Tales' cache

3b6ce4f0-fa4f-41f0-afed-6d5145da1241.jpg

Tristin at his 1st cache 'Sports Afield'

5bace632-e5a7-4d2c-82c0-50d25fb48326.jpg

The late Cowboy(left) and Dakota at 'Fishing Access 1' cache

5813c134-4456-4236-8379-e1be39f67659.jpg

I think I just screwed up? I just edited the pic I posted yesterday or should I say very early this morning describing what Tippi was doing and didn't pay attention to the cointest ending time. Oh well, but I actually did post the pic before the time limit?

Edited by Nochipra