The Dark Knight has landed!

kdv

Guess what we found yesterday living in the siding of our house -- a bat and little bat babies!!! No, not the geocoin kind but the real deal. They are a protected animal so we have to leave them go until the end of July so as not to harm the babies, then we can take down some of the siding to let them leave without harming them. I noticed the siding looked like it was bulging but I didn't realize something was living in it until the Mr. said "come here, does that look like a bat?" Yikes :blink:

Congrats to the latest bat coin receivers!

....Anthus

Guess what we found yesterday living in the siding of our house -- a bat and little bat babies!!! No, not the geocoin kind but the real deal. They are a protected animal so we have to leave them go until the end of July so as not to harm the babies, then we can take down some of the siding to let them leave without harming them. I noticed the siding looked like it was bulging but I didn't realize something was living in it until the Mr. said "come here, does that look like a bat?" Yikes :blink:

....Anthus

Protected? Oh my Gosh! Well, they are good to clean up bugs!

....Anthus

Protected? Oh my Gosh! Well, they are good to clean up bugs!

Hedge Hopper and I are planning on building a bat house in our back yard! I hear they can eat tens of thousands of skeeters in a night!

Congrats to the latest on receiving your bat wings, maybe not recent as we have not view this one in awhile, but congrats the same.

We have tons of bats flying around here lately, my big bad shepard has her tail tucked between her legs when we go out, LOL. Maybe if we put some wings on her, they will stop swosh by her, LOL.

How sweet it is! Today I was lucky enough to grab ahold of a dark knight coin. The most fun part was trying to wrestle coin #69 away from the Radioactive Coconut, who tried to claim this one as hers. Silly girl, bats are for boys! I distracted her with some Bath & Body Works coupons and it was mine at last. Thank you your Darkness. I won't part with this coin even when hell freezes over, which I heard has happened rather recently! :laughing:

How sweet it is! Today I was lucky enough to grab ahold of a dark knight coin. The most fun part was trying to wrestle coin #69 away from the Radioactive Coconut, who tried to claim this one as hers. Silly girl, bats are for boys! I distracted her with some Bath & Body Works coupons and it was mine at last. Thank you your Darkness. I won't part with this coin even when hell freezes over, which I heard has happened rather recently! :laughing:

you lucky bat! this really is an awesome coin! is anyone else looking forward to the release of the film? and ledger's Joker?

that should be the next coin. (nice segue there lara)

lara

I thought I'd add a story here. Last summer I was driving Tom's Explorer down a local boulevard at night . I thought I felt something fly by my head in the car. I quickly pulled in to the nearest gas station and threw open all the doors. We didn't find a thing so I just thought I had imagined it and forgot about it. About a month later we were driving back from up north again in the dark when Tom said he felt something fly by his head. Yeah right I thought. With two dogs in the back something flew from the back of the vehicle and the dogs didn't react? What have you been smoking! LOL Then he said it was on his leg. I decided there might be something to this so I pulled over very quickly across two lanes of freeway that had very little shoulder. I turned on the overhead and there was a bat sitting on his leg!! He wasn't quite sure what it was and was ready to just grab it and throw it out the window. I told him it was a bat and luckily there was a pair of thick gloves there so he put them on and grabbed the bat. It of course didn't like that and squealed like you wouldn't believe. He got it out the window and we breathed a sign of relief. I guess the incident before was real and the bat had been in the car for the month or somehow found a way inside. His car is now officially the Batmobile.

I now have another story to tell.....

I got a knock on my door today and when I opened it, there was this hot guy in black tights and a black cape. He was even wearing a black bat cowboy hat :D He asked me to come for a ride in his bat-truck and play Robin for the day. I had to refuse his offer because even though he was smokin' in his tight-fitting outfit, I didn't want to put on the other outfit. So he tossed me a bat coin, swooshed his cape and drove off :D

Thanks Dark Knight, you're my hero :laughing:

I heard a roar outside and then the dogs started putting up a ruckus. I went to the door to see what it might be and Tsun's hot guy was there!!!! OMG was he SMOKIN!!!! He had on the black tights :D and the black cape but also a black bat motorcycle helmet and black motorcycle boots. The noise I had heard was his beautiful black, sleek Harley Softail Night Train motorcycle sitting in my driveway. I swear I nearly swooned. :D He invited me for a ride but alas I had left my helmet at a friend's house. I was crushed when he told me he didn't have an extra and Michigan has a helmet law. (My god where was Robin's helmet?) He handed me an envelope and as he turned to leave he waved and gave me a little wink. I have no idea where he came from or where he went but I tell you for sure everytime I look at that #49 coin I will remember that wink. Thanks Dark Knight! You are wonderful!!! :D:wub:

I heard a roar outside and then the dogs started putting up a ruckus. I went to the door to see what it might be and Tsun's hot guy was there!!!! OMG was he SMOKIN!!!! He had on the black tights :D and the black cape but also a black bat motorcycle helmet and black motorcycle boots. The noise I had heard was his beautiful black, sleek Harley Softail Night Train motorcycle sitting in my driveway. I swear I nearly swooned. :D He invited me for a ride but alas I had left my helmet at a friend's house. I was crushed when he told me he didn't have an extra and Michigan has a helmet law. (My god where was Robin's helmet?) He handed me an envelope and as he turned to leave he waved and gave me a little wink. I have no idea where he came from or where he went but I tell you for sure everytime I look at that #49 coin I will remember that wink. Thanks Dark Knight! You are wonderful!!! :D:D

Congradulation Beverly, wow you sure have been blessed lately with all the Mystery Coin Lately, Wow you sure are one special lady not to mention friend from the Beautiful state of Michigan Where I was Born and raised, but however live in Wisconsin now, no regrets, Wisconsin here it is just as beautiful, all the wildlife and alot of beautiful area to visit. Beverly you need to help spread the blessing my way girl in receiving some of these mystery coins :laughing::D:D I am so happy for you.

Valarie of sweetlife

Just got back from a little vacation and had a Dark Knight coin waiting for me - mysterious.....

Thank you to the Dark Knight for the gift. As others have mentioned, this will never be sold (not that I have intentions of ever selling any of my coins).

I grabbed my cell phone and snapped a self-portrait with the coin:

dkgollumdy0.jpg

A very generous gift, thank you.

Hubby always picks up the mail. Today he handed me a manilla padded envelope which felt like there was nothing inside. When I looked a the return address label from me with a bat - I wondered.

Woot! Yes er' eeee - a Dark Knight coin #059. I am so excited! Thank you to the mystery Dectective Dark Knight!

Hubby always picks up the mail. Today he handed me a manilla padded envelope which felt like there was nothing inside. When I looked a the return address label from me with a bat - I wondered.

Woot! Yes er' eeee - a Dark Knight coin #059. I am so excited! Thank you to the mystery Dectective Dark Knight!

Woot !!! Congrats on your Dark Knight...... :D

dkr.jpg

This blurry photo was taken a split second before I heard a whoosh of air past my ear! I collapsed on the ground and crawled over to flick on the lightswitch, only to find a batarang jutting out of the switchplate. Either I was a worthy receipient, or the Batman was sending me a message that it's time to dust off the sliding poles, and see if the old red and yellow tights still fit...

The fight for justice never sleeps. I guess he's cheesed off that I've been hibernating.

ETA: And since the batarang was #21, that tells me he's been busy chucking those things around a lot lately. He probably needs my help pretty bad. Hope it's not too chilly out, because these green speedos don't do much for warmth OR comfort.

Edited by YemonYime
dkr.jpg

This blurry photo was taken a split second before I heard a whoosh of air past my ear! I collapsed on the ground and crawled over to flick on the lightswitch, only to find a batarang jutting out of the switchplate. Either I was a worthy receipient, or the Batman was sending me a message that it's time to dust off the sliding poles, and see if the old red and yellow tights still fit...

The fight for justice never sleeps. I guess he's cheesed off that I've been hibernating.

ETA: And since the batarang was #21, that tells me he's been busy chucking those things around a lot lately. He probably needs my help pretty bad. Hope it's not too chilly out, because these green speedos don't do much for warmth OR comfort.

Our imaginations are running wild....please post a pic after you've suited up :):):):D

dkr.jpg

Our imaginations are running wild....please post a pic after you've suited up :):):):D

WooHoo!, we like to see you all suited up too, very nice of you to help him complete his missions to make people happy of receiving the Mystery Dark Knight coin. We plan on seeing the new movie when it comes out. I looks very good.

Happy 4th of July Dark Night.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

dkr.jpg

oh yes, please! i would pay and arm AND a leg to see that pic.

After readings Yimes Head swoosh event that caused what quite possibly could be deemed "a sight for sore eyes" :D (Curious, but sore eyes) It made me think of my 200th cache find!

It was just me on a full moon night and I was night cachin my heart out! I had just DNFed my milestone cache and headed up to make my next find WAAAY up this steep hill in th emiddle of nowhere! I arrived and was pleased to find it was an OLD CACHE!!! I was reading all the logs and thinkin "Boy how things have changed" when SWOOSH! Right by my head and it was loud!!!~ Kinda freaked me out!!!

I didnt know what the heck it was but it didnt sound like a bird! I traded swag, dropped my Jeep and coin and was outa there!

All i know it was not a Dark Knight cause the moon was full! :D ... :D

Dont know what my problem is with the dark and the woods, but I remember when I was a kid. My dad sent me home from mowing the field late at night while he finished, I was all spooked and I freaked myself out and started running through the woods home, and just kept freakin myself out even more, Absolutley NOT wanting to stop thinking for sure somethin was gonna get me!

I Know its OT, but if the Dark knight was there........I probably woulda screamed like a little girl! :D

Edit to add: Im on the addy list, so if you show up in Black Tights for me...for 1~ You'll be waiting at the PO Box for quite awhile and for 2~ Ill probably sit in my car and take a pic of you, posting it here in the forums saying "look at this freak that was at the post Office today!" :D

Edited by 007BigD

I thought I'd add a story here. Last summer I was driving Tom's Explorer down a local boulevard at night . I thought I felt something fly by my head in the car. I quickly pulled in to the nearest gas station and threw open all the doors. We didn't find a thing so I just thought I had imagined it and forgot about it. About a month later we were driving back from up north again in the dark when Tom said he felt something fly by his head. Yeah right I thought. With two dogs in the back something flew from the back of the vehicle and the dogs didn't react? What have you been smoking! LOL Then he said it was on his leg. I decided there might be something to this so I pulled over very quickly across two lanes of freeway that had very little shoulder. I turned on the overhead and there was a bat sitting on his leg!! He wasn't quite sure what it was and was ready to just grab it and throw it out the window. I told him it was a bat and luckily there was a pair of thick gloves there so he put them on and grabbed the bat. It of course didn't like that and squealed like you wouldn't believe. He got it out the window and we breathed a sign of relief. I guess the incident before was real and the bat had been in the car for the month or somehow found a way inside. His car is now officially the Batmobile.

I now have another story to tell.....

I got a knock on my door today and when I opened it, there was this hot guy in black tights and a black cape. He was even wearing a black bat cowboy hat B) He asked me to come for a ride in his bat-truck and play Robin for the day. I had to refuse his offer because even though he was smokin' in his tight-fitting outfit, I didn't want to put on the other outfit. So he tossed me a bat coin, swooshed his cape and drove off :D

Thanks Dark Knight, you're my hero :)

I heard a roar outside and then the dogs started putting up a ruckus. I went to the door to see what it might be and Tsun's hot guy was there!!!! OMG was he SMOKIN!!!! He had on the black tights :D and the black cape but also a black bat motorcycle helmet and black motorcycle boots. The noise I had heard was his beautiful black, sleek Harley Softail Night Train motorcycle sitting in my driveway. I swear I nearly swooned. :D He invited me for a ride but alas I had left my helmet at a friend's house. I was crushed when he told me he didn't have an extra and Michigan has a helmet law. (My god where was Robin's helmet?) He handed me an envelope and as he turned to leave he waved and gave me a little wink. I have no idea where he came from or where he went but I tell you for sure everytime I look at that #49 coin I will remember that wink. Thanks Dark Knight! You are wonderful!!! B):(

Boy, talk about getting all hot and bothered just reading logs in the forums. B)

WOW, I want some of what ever they were drinking.... :D

Congrats to all how have been visited in the night B)B)

I haven't had a lot of time to visit the forums lately, since I'm kinda laid up (stupid drunk drivers anyways), I'm glad this thread popped up to the top!!

CONGRATS to all the knighted ones, I really love and enjoyed all the fun stories! It's AWESOME to see sooo much fun going on in the community, makes me realize why I turn here when I can squeeze out a few extra minutes!! Sometimes, the only relaxation I get is when I stop to read the forums, THANKS for all the fun!

Dark Knight, I know of a very deserving person for your coin, someone who's spirits could truly use a lift!! She's going through some tough times and I can feel her sorrow, if you have reason to visit Michigan again, it would really brighten her days! Of course, you know what you're doing, I just thought I'd throw out the suggestion...my GSA phone is always ready for a call, so if you need her name or addy, give that line a try!

CONGRATS all!!

I haven't had a lot of time to visit the forums lately, since I'm kinda laid up (stupid drunk drivers anyways), I'm glad this thread popped up to the top!!

CONGRATS to all the knighted ones, I really love and enjoyed all the fun stories! It's AWESOME to see sooo much fun going on in the community, makes me realize why I turn here when I can squeeze out a few extra minutes!! Sometimes, the only relaxation I get is when I stop to read the forums, THANKS for all the fun!

Dark Knight, I know of a very deserving person for your coin, someone who's spirits could truly use a lift!! She's going through some tough times and I can feel her sorrow, if you have reason to visit Michigan again, it would really brighten her days! Of course, you know what you're doing, I just thought I'd throw out the suggestion...my GSA phone is always ready for a call, so if you need her name or addy, give that line a try!

CONGRATS all!!

Roddy, our friend, are you okay? You didnt get hit by a drunk driver did you? OMG...Email is on the way, along with many prayers.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife