The Dark Knight has landed!

kdv

iamthenight-Batman-Bat-Signal-CEL.jpeg

PLEASE HELP ME, BATMAN!!!

I've been kidnapped by Mr. Freeze, and he says he'll super-cool parts of my body one by one until his ransom demands are met. Please don't EVEN let him get started, because YEAH, he's crazy like THAT!...

For some reason, I was expecting to see the Yime signal in the sky. :laughing:

Seriously, though. I spent the last 2 days helping the girls in Brenda's Girl Scout troop put together a fairy party that they are throwing for Heather's Daisy troop as part of the older girls' bronze award project. Almost everything was ready, and then I realized that we forgot to pick up the fairy wings for the girls. I spent my afternoon in search of wings. After successfully finding 17 glittery sets of fairy wings, I came home exausted only to find a different kind of wings in my mailbox. Yup, the Dark Knight has made his way to SWPA and left coin #17 in my mailbox. That little package may have give me enough energy to make it thru the party tonight (that or grande mocha I just drank). Thanks Dark Knight for cool coin and the pick-me-up!

BatmanBeginsThankYouNotes.jpg

I've been kidnapped by Mr. Freeze, and he says he'll super-cool parts of my body one by one until his ransom demands are met. Please don't EVEN let him get started, because YEAH, he's crazy like THAT!...

Give him some time and you might see the Yime signal in the sky.

Congratulations to those receiving coins today.

I think that the stories and on other mystery coin threads just make my day in so many ways!

It's so funny, it doesn't matter if it's me getting it or someone else, just reading about others getting them and how they log them or find them, or, amazingly enough, how they seem to come when folks need a bit of a lift.... it just makes me happy from the inside, the kind of happy that starts deep inside you and ends up leaving you feeling kind of warm and comfortable all over, and just so content!

Many thanks to the mystery coiners for their generosity, kindness, and impeccable sense of timing!

Naomi :laughing:

Seriously, though. I spent the last 2 days helping the girls in Brenda's Girl Scout troop put together a fairy party that they are throwing for Heather's Daisy troop as part of the older girls' bronze award project. Almost everything was ready, and then I realized that we forgot to pick up the fairy wings for the girls. I spent my afternoon in search of wings. After successfully finding 17 glittery sets of fairy wings, I came home exausted only to find a different kind of wings in my mailbox. Yup, the Dark Knight has made his way to SWPA and left coin #17 in my mailbox. That little package may have give me enough energy to make it thru the party tonight (that or grande mocha I just drank). Thanks Dark Knight for cool coin and the pick-me-up!

BatmanBeginsThankYouNotes.jpg

OMG a FAIRY PARTY !! and I wasn't invited :D Just joking, I hope Heather and her friends had a lovely time. I was feeling a bit low this morning, a feathered friend of mine was injured, I won't go into gory details but it looked serious. When I got back to my Toadstool I noticed something small and dark, it had golden lettering on it and a number, 054 - YES ! Dark Knight paid me a visit (sorry I was out at the time). Thank you so much for leaving me this lovely Bat Token. It looks just dandy hanging on my wall. And I've just been to visit my friend, she had taken a bath and eaten some supper - and you know what, she looks just fine now. I think the Dark Knight has worked some magic for this Fairy. Thank you again. :laughing:

Had a surprise envelope in the mailbox today.

Opened it up and found Dark Knight mystery coin *070.

Wow, what a great surprise. Thank you so much Dark Knight, whoever you are.

I did have to laugh though, the last cache I did a few days ago was named "To The Bat Cave".

It's a really neat shaped coin. Thanks again !!!

Wow, as Eartha says, "step away from the forums for a little while and look what happens!" :laughing:

I wasn't even aware that there was a new mystery coin floating around until I picked up my mail today.

As always, I did the quick check of the return addresses and noticed a few expected trades arriving,

and then noticed the bat wings and my own return address on one! :laughing:

Sure enough, the Dark Knight had paid me a visit ... coin #004 is safe inside the Creacher's Lair now.

Thank you Dark Knight - you have certainly made my day!!! :D

And after finding and reading through this thread - CONGRATS to all of the "detective" recruits that have also received this mysterious coin!

dark_knight_052108a.jpg

Congrats to all the people who have landed with the Dark Knight... seeing your names in the thread ... I am not sure if you are villians or super heroes. :laughing::laughing::D

Creacher's Lair

The Dressel Dragons

The Mean Old Cub Scout Master

Yime

Go Jaybee

Yep certainly villains. :D:D:D:)

Congrats to all the people who have landed with the Dark Knight... seeing your names in the thread ... I am not sure if you are villians or super heroes. ;);):)

Creacher's Lair

The Dressel Dragons

The Mean Old Cub Scout Master

Yime

Go Jaybee

Yep certainly villains. :unsure::D:lol::D

Holy Hopes-Up Batman! Gotta clear something up here, no coin here! I was hoping to be saved by the Dark Knight! I'm still being held captive by Mr. Freeze in GothYime City...and now I can't feel my ankles. :) Although I did see this little guy running around in his red, green and yellow underoos.

*announcer voice*

What will happen to Yime? Tune in next week. Same BAT time...Same BAT channel!

WOW! My son comes in with the mail and says "Mom why did you send yourself a package???" ;)

Could it be? A mystery coin?? The return label has a bat on it...

Open it up and yipee the Dark Knight has flown to PA! This is the kewlest little coin I have ever seen :)

It was sooo unexpected but really made my day. After not being able to cache for weeks (due to a caching injury, a whole other story) it gave me a huge smile. Many thanks DK. :unsure:

Maybe you saw me at this cache High & Low my fav so far, what an awesome cave!

:grin::huh:

Oh_DarkKnight.jpg

Dear Dark Knight,

I know you are busy, but I really NEEEED your help, my owner has gone mad over you, and she is holding me hostage in this costume "I think she is substituting me for you" don't tell her I told you that !!

Please help this crazy 'ol lady, so she will release me, all my friends are laughing at me everyday :(

Your friend,

Pugsy ( well now she calls me Robin) oh dear lord

Congratulations to all those that the Dark Knight has visited!!?????!!!

I thought I'd add a story here. Last summer I was driving Tom's Explorer down a local boulevard at night . I thought I felt something fly by my head in the car. I quickly pulled in to the nearest gas station and threw open all the doors. We didn't find a thing so I just thought I had imagined it and forgot about it. About a month later we were driving back from up north again in the dark when Tom said he felt something fly by his head. Yeah right I thought. With two dogs in the back something flew from the back of the vehicle and the dogs didn't react? What have you been smoking! LOL Then he said it was on his leg. I decided there might be something to this so I pulled over very quickly across two lanes of freeway that had very little shoulder. I turned on the overhead and there was a bat sitting on his leg!! He wasn't quite sure what it was and was ready to just grab it and throw it out the window. I told him it was a bat and luckily there was a pair of thick gloves there so he put them on and grabbed the bat. It of course didn't like that and squealed like you wouldn't believe. He got it out the window and we breathed a sign of relief. I guess the incident before was real and the bat had been in the car for the month or somehow found a way inside. His car is now officially the Batmobile.

Love that storey Bev, sure made us lauph. I am glad it didnt cause a accident or anything and even better yet we are glad it didnt bite you. How horrible that would of been. Heard of them biting people and is deadly.

Glad you are both alright and nothing bad turned out from this. Your vehicle is indeed the batmobile tho. LOL :grin:

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Love that storey Bev, sure made us lauph. I am glad it didnt cause a accident or anything and even better yet we are glad it didnt bite you. How horrible that would of been. Heard of them biting people and is deadly.

Glad you are both alright and nothing bad turned out from this. Your vehicle is indeed the batmobile tho. LOL :rolleyes:

Barry and Val

sweetlife

No no, this is an urban legend. Bats are not deadly and rarely contain rabies. I once studied with a professor who expertise was BATS. He was quite defensive about this ;)

Dark Knight:

Here is a cave in Alberta, it was created during the cold war to hide important govenrnment documents. We found this cache there: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...9b-fe108a822534

Here is a picture of the family at the cave:

HPIM0650.jpg

Congratulations to all those that the Dark Knight has visited!!?????!!!

I thought I'd add a story here. Last summer I was driving Tom's Explorer down a local boulevard at night . I thought I felt something fly by my head in the car. I quickly pulled in to the nearest gas station and threw open all the doors. We didn't find a thing so I just thought I had imagined it and forgot about it. About a month later we were driving back from up north again in the dark when Tom said he felt something fly by his head. Yeah right I thought. With two dogs in the back something flew from the back of the vehicle and the dogs didn't react? What have you been smoking! LOL Then he said it was on his leg. I decided there might be something to this so I pulled over very quickly across two lanes of freeway that had very little shoulder. I turned on the overhead and there was a bat sitting on his leg!! He wasn't quite sure what it was and was ready to just grab it and throw it out the window. I told him it was a bat and luckily there was a pair of thick gloves there so he put them on and grabbed the bat. It of course didn't like that and squealed like you wouldn't believe. He got it out the window and we breathed a sign of relief. I guess the incident before was real and the bat had been in the car for the month or somehow found a way inside. His car is now officially the Batmobile.

Absolutely brilliant LOL.......I would be over the moon if a bat flew into our car!! I think they're adorable. We missed out on going on a "Moth & Bat Night" last weekend because of my dose of stomach flu (which thankfully has passed...touch wood!!). Loved reading this though........a true "Batmobile" for sure :anibad::D

WWWWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:anibad: The Dark knight has found me and after a soft struggle :D

darkknight002.jpg

:D I am not bad anymore, the netherlands is save for now :D

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOT

the exhibit follows later

CONGRATS GEO.ERROR

THANKS DARK KNIGHT for making my friend HAPPY and GOOD

you make so happy