How do I use My Triton 400

I cant figure out how to use other screens when im searching for a cache it seems to only let me use the map screen so I have no way of knowing how many ft I am from the cache

I use my base map till I've zoomed in as close as I can (100ft) and then I hit the "Page Go To" button once. This next page is going to let you know your current location, so you can compare your co-ordinates with the cache's co-ordinates. I hope that is the answer to your question.

First off make sure you have the newest firmware. For my 500 it's 1.34, probably the same for the 400. I just got mine out of the box 2 hours ago so I may not be 100% correct but give this a try. From the map screen hit the menu button, highlight Go To and hit enter(the center of the silver ring), select geocache and hit enter, highlight the geocache you want and hit enter, Select the map icon to the left and hit enter, The black arrow should be auto higlighted but if not select it and hit enter, This will bring you to the map screen, just hit enter 1 more time on the map screen and the "thinking clock" will go for a second. Now you should be able to hit the "page" button and move to the compass screen, or any of the other screens. This info is on page 15 and 16 of the manual on the cd. Except that the manual tells you to select the green checkmark, which I haven't seen for these screens yet.