Easy caches in Northumbria

We are soon going on holiday up to Berwick/Bamburgh for a week and would like to go caching while we are there but I don't have much local knowledge apart from the good beaches!

Can anybody suggest some caches with short walks (less than half a mile in total) or suitable for a wheelchair please? My young niece has Down's Syndrome and is unable to walk very far but we want to go out all together so that she can find some boxes too. We don't mind what sort of caches they are or the difficulty as long as the terrain is easy.

We did this one last summer.

I'm pretty sure it's less than 0.25 mile from the parking (a layby at the side of the road) Not smooth enough for a wheelchair but a relatively short distance.

The walk is slightly downhill down a bridleway, from memory there's dry stone walls or fences each side. It's fairly clear on the geocaching.com google maps.

I reckon it's just enough of an adventure and the view at the end is lovely.

Edited by Jantaculum

How doo

I have just downloaded a PQ of the area with the terrain set to <= 1.5

Loaded it into Memory Map via GSAK and had a nose.. I have come up with these that may be OK.. I'm afraid there aint many up that area, all depends on how far you wish to travel.

GC1AVB9 TRAD

GC1AVAY MICRO

GC13XFA MICRO

GC13XEP MICRO

GCYMKQ TRAD Looks about 500 mtrs up a track

GCY59X TRAD

GCX23W Micro

GCZX7P MICRO

Most look to be driveby's but I am only working of the map. And I havent a clue on difficulty

Hope it gives you a starting point

Moss T :)

OOOP's fergot THIS one!!!

Edited by Moss Trooper

Thank you for your help and suggestions. We managed to find 10 caches, one DNF due to head high nettles. My sister was not enthusiastic at all about going out with us but she came, found the first one and really enjoyed herself, especially some of the more historic caches.

Laura stayed in the van for a few, insisting she wanted to watch but she did find one on her own (with a nudge in the right direction) but squealed when it had bugs on it! We did look at some hard puzzle caches in Alnwick but didn't really have the time to do them so we left them for another visit.0cf25b32-192a-4316-820f-d1507e72ca6a.jpg