Verizon Voyager vs iPhone?

I just got my new Verizon Voyager (the so-called "iPhone killer"). But why is my google maps screen blank? And why is the "View map" screen blank on the geocaching sites? Why don't the maps on the cache sites display? Does this unit not display google maps correctly? And it won't display yahoo maps or Mapquest either. :blink: This doesn't happen with my son in law's iPhone, it displays them all fine.

Is there something I'm missing or is this unit just inferior. The Verizon people are clueless, they've never heard of geocaching. If I can't figure it out then the new Voyager goes back and it's the iPhone for me, even though I've been a Verizon customer for years. If they can't display a geocaching.com screen properly then they have lost my business. Has anyone else out there tried to use a Voyager for geocaching and had this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Walkabout 44

I just got my new Verizon Voyager (the so-called "iPhone killer"). But why is my google maps screen blank? And why is the "View map" screen blank on the geocaching sites? Why don't the maps on the cache sites display? Does this unit not display google maps correctly? And it won't display yahoo maps or Mapquest either. :blink: This doesn't happen with my son in law's iPhone, it displays them all fine.

Is there something I'm missing or is this unit just inferior. The Verizon people are clueless, they've never heard of geocaching. If I can't figure it out then the new Voyager goes back and it's the iPhone for me, even though I've been a Verizon customer for years. If they can't display a geocaching.com screen properly then they have lost my business. Has anyone else out there tried to use a Voyager for geocaching and had this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Walkabout 44

Just a guess here since I've never used a Voyager, but I'm wondering if it's a javascript issue? I know the iPhone has a real browser and so far as I know, no other phone has a browser equal to Safari in the iphone. And by "real", I mean fully supporting javascript, css, DHTML, etc. Google maps is heavily javascript dependent, so that might be your issue.