Geko201:accept dowloaded route?

Hello. Can I download a routes created with mapsource (CN2008) to the geko 201? Theses routes are mainly used on 60csx.

thanks.

Is possible.

You need a garmin serial cable for the geko.

Make sure the route length is within the GEKO's limit, maximum 20 routes with 125 waypoints each

(I have a geko 301)

Hello. Can I download a routes created with mapsource (CN2008) to the geko 201? Theses routes are mainly used on 60csx.

thanks.

Is possible.

You need a garmin serial cable for the geko.

Make sure the route length is within the GEKO's limit, maximum 20 routes with 125 waypoints each

(I have a geko 301)

- how do i reduce the number of points. My routes have usually 500 points approx. thanks.

- how do i reduce the number of points. My routes have usually 500 points approx. thanks.

Manualy (I do not know of a program doing that automatic - but that kind of program may exist)

Open the route in MapSource and delete some waypoints.

Within the route editor use "Show on Map" (bottom right) and it gives a good overview for the route.

Without a (topo) map it may be difficult to simplify the route.

Manualy (I do not know of a program doing that automatic - but that kind of program may exist)...

- Yes, you gave me a idea to try Wingdb. I set Wingdb to "convert route to track with via point only" and i get the track downgraded with only 75 points (originally 337 points)

thanks for your help.

- The maximum number of points problem is now fixed.

- My next concern of my track is how do i tell geko201 considers my track that i download as track, not as a route, even that file is really a track on mapsource CN2008? i.e no need to tell me "ready to navigate", just show me a track as is. thanks.

Edited by shivia