Lost TB turns up!

ArcticNomad

That's great news! I just had to go and look at the TB's page and I see it's survived over 19,000 miles - I hope it's still in good condition :o I notice one of its travelling companions must have had a failure of its protective energy shield, when it went out of sight in California some years back... perhaps it will be able to "re-incarnate" one day to continue its mission :blink:

MrsB

althought its not as long as the others, I recently found Miss America that had been MIA for a little over a year. When I logged it the owners sent me a letter to the extent of "Oh! Thank you for finding our bug! It was one of our firsts we had let loose". Felt good! The bug has appeared 242 miles away from where it was last logged.

Edited by Moobeat

Lol, looks like another TB in the same series as the first one I posted about just turned up as well! This is my new record for 'The Return of the TB"!!

From and including: Saturday, September 25, 2004

To, but not including : Friday, May 23, 2008

It is 1336 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 3 years, 7 months, 28 days excluding the end date

Gotta love it when they come back!!!

Michigan George traveled under the radar for over three and a half years before resurfacing 1900 miles away.

Last placed: 7/19/2004

Reported missing: 8/3/2004

Seen: 3/21/2008

Found: 4/15/2008

From Missing to Found:

August 3, 2004 - April 15, 2008

It is 1351 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 3 years, 8 months, 12 days excluding the end date

~Good luck to all those other missing travel bugs...

I recently found a bug that before it was logged into the cache I pulled it from, had been missing for just shy of 5 years.

Logged into GCGCH2 on August 1, 2003. That cache was archived on July 3, 2004 with the bug never having been logged out. A friend of mine pulled it from GC195VE on June 21, 2008 and placed it in a newly release cache on July 17, 2008. I subsequently pulled it from that cache a few days later. That's 1784 days under the radar.

Don't know if that's a record or not but it's an awfully long time. The TB tracking number is TB2DFB if you want to check it out.

I recently found a bug that before it was logged into the cache I pulled it from, had been missing for just shy of 5 years.

Logged into GCGCH2 on August 1, 2003. That cache was archived on July 3, 2004 with the bug never having been logged out. A friend of mine pulled it from GC195VE on June 21, 2008 and placed it in a newly release cache on July 17, 2008. I subsequently pulled it from that cache a few days later. That's 1784 days under the radar.

Don't know if that's a record or not but it's an awfully long time. The TB tracking number is TB2DFB if you want to check it out.

There sure are currently a lot of "lost TB's reappearing" threads. That's a good one there, almost 5 years. My personal record is a few days short of three years. There's a TB on my watchlist that has now been held onto for over 4 years, and I happen to know the holder (who is local to me) is alive and well, just hasn't cached in a few years. I fully expect that to turn up in a cache some day. :lol: TB's first appeared on the scene in 2002, and I imagine by 2012, we'll hear a story of one showing up after 10 years.

if I move a tb to 'lost' and someone finds it...can they enter the code and bring it back?

just wondering....

Absolutely! They would just Grab it into their inventory.

If you had a bunch of coins that you took to event for people to Discover you could leave it out to the Unknown Location and people could still use the Discover option. You wouldn't have to drop the coins into the event and then back out again later. And they stay out of your drop inventory.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Check this Mr. Wonderful out, TBZF13. Twins?

Am I missing something here? Mr. Wonderful appears to be a TB that was regularly logged, and took two years to move across the country to it's final goal. Happens all the time. I've personally delivered 4 TB's to their final destination, I believe.