Litter louts

Don't you get all :huh: with me! Chill.... it's not as if I listed my top 10 methods for murdering dogs or anything! sheesh! :grin:
My

I think littering is a bad thing. If people can't find a bin, they have pockets. There are no excuses ("It gives road sweepers a job, innit" being one of my least favourite; but extension, murder is ok because it keeps police working) - it comes down to laziness. When I see people doing it, I tend to pick the item up and put it in a bin for them. All the better if they see me doing it. I may also tut. What *really* pees me off is when parents do it in front of their children- when grown-ups can't act responsibly, it's little surprise when some 'yoofs' don't either.

Smokers are big litterers because putting a hot butt in your pocket isn't a good idea, so they drop them on the floor- Which doesn't explain all the fag-ends chucked out car windows - most cars are fitted with ash trays. I've had these bounce off the visor of my crash-helmet before now whilst motorcycling, but that's another story. On the other hand, cigarette bins are fairly common and a small tin makes a fine portable one.

Dog poop; well, that's just laziness again. It's easier to lob it in a bush than it is to carry. You have a look around first, of course, because you don't want people to see you doing this... I'd be in favour of a tax on dog ownership. People get old- that's not a choice. People get ill- that's not a choice. Children need to be educated- not a choice in a civilised society. Dog ownership is a choice and one that tends to cause a problem. For the same reason, I'd put 50p on the price of chewing-gum to pay for it to be cleaned off pavements :(

Edited by Deceangi
What gets into these people who will drive miles to drop off old tyres and chuck beer cans
Some people think planting caches is a form of littering!

Some of us drive for miles, to covertly deposit something in the undergrowth, in the hope that Mr. general public won't discover it.

Not much difference I suppose?

PS - I am only kidding!

B)B):)

Dog mess is AWFUL AWFUL stuff. Cig ends are bad but I know which I'd rather step in and they're extinguished after a minute or so anyway. Dog muck is the worst substance ever created, it's fow, I'm gipping just imagining the smell B)

I'd rather step on an extinguished cigarette end, but I've had a couple of experiences where car passengers have thrown still alight cig ends out of their windows - right into my face, as I cycle past. This was as worker on the Addenbrookes Hosptial site (Cambridge) in 2006, which banned smoking ahead of the national English ban, but I'm sure they didn't intend smokers to assault cyclists!

As a ranger at Wandlebury Country Park just outside Cambridge, emptying dog mess bins is a considerable part of my job - more dog waste that other waste is left by visitors. We'd prefer if dogs left their mess just off paths, and that their owners didn't leave bags of waste anywhere other than the special dog waste bins - 3 were carefully located for this purpose, in response to requests from dog owners.