Can't "Place" Geocoin

TheWaynesInAZ

I retrieved it last week, but the system won't let me officially place it, which I did at "Walk to a View" (GC16FDY)

+++++

Huh? - here's the info from the coin's page

5/3/2008 TheWaynesInAZ retrieved it from The Hanging Judge of Cave Creek Arizona [visit log]

Very clever cache under the "eyes" of the judge

4/24/2008 CreekerCouncil placed it in The Hanging Judge of Cave Creek

+++++

I retrieved another TB from Stagecoach Village

5/3/2008 You retrieved Utah Micro Traveler (Utah Micro Geocoin) from The Hanging Judge of Cave Creek

5/3/2008 You retrieved Dad's Key T.B. (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from Stagecoach Village

Looks like it got dropped into Stagecoach Village. (and perhaps that drop log was deleted?)

You'll need to do a Retrieve on the bug to get it into your inventory. (You'll need the tracking number)

If you have already logged a Found it on the cache it is currently you can Drop it by posting a note.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Looks like it got dropped into Stagecoach Village. (and perhaps that drop log was deleted?)

You'll need to do a Retrieve on the bug to get it into your inventory. (You'll need the tracking number)

If you have already logged a Found it on the cache it is currently you can Drop it by posting a note.

OK thanks - I did drop it off yesterday

OK thanks - I did drop it off yesterday

Yep. You do know that you need to retrieve it out of the cache it's listed in now and log it into the correct cache, right?

Thanks for helping out with this one, Blue Deuce. I've sent the tracking number for the coin in question to TheWaynesinAZ so they can retrieve and drop it in the correct cache.

Have tried to retrieve it from Stagecoach Village, but am getting an error message when I enter the tracking number TBWZ69

"No Match"

Sorry. The Travel Bug code does not match.

Thanks for helping out with this one, Blue Deuce. I've sent the tracking number for the coin in question to TheWaynesinAZ so they can retrieve and drop it in the correct cache.

Have tried to retrieve it from Stagecoach Village, but am getting an error message when I enter the tracking number TBWZ69

"No Match"

Sorry. The Travel Bug code does not match.

I am having the exact same problem with another geocoin, TB1VHGH.

NO MATCH. Sorry, the Travel Bug code does not match.

You are both trying to use the wrong code for your respective coins. You need to enter the code as found on the coin itself, not the public code you see on the web page for the coin. If you don't have the coin any more, you will need to contact the owner to get it.