TOM TOM HELP

This was from Marky,

There are a few steps to get PQ's working with a tomtom.

1) You need to create a POI category for them.

A) Change Preferences->Manage POIs->Add POI Category

Enter something like Geocache. Pick an marker (icon) for it. Now, there is a file that is created for you called Geocache.ov2 on your tomtom. That is what you need to write to from GSAK or gpsbabel. I don't know of any other software that writes to tomtom format.

:blink: Connect your tomtom to your computer and turn it on. Answer YES to if you want to connect to your computer. This should mount the tomtom as a drive. I don't know what drive letter it will use on your system, you'll have to figure that out. Let's assume that it uses drive E.

C) From GSAK, you need to select File->Export->TomTom POI File...

You'll need to browse to your Geocache.ov2 file. It will probably be in

E:\North_America\Geocache.ov2

D) If you want Tomtom to show Geocaches on the map, you'll have to enable them (Change Preferences->Enable/Disable POIs).

I followed all of these steps - I see that the info has loaded on my tomtom, but I cannot find the POI's. when I tellit to find POI in my geocache category,it syas there are none; what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Camp Chaos Clan

First make sure your poi file is in the right place (USA_and_Canada directory for me). Then check to see that the "geocache" poi is checked off in the poi settings. Also make sure that the poi and the icon have the same name ie geocache.ov2 and geocache.bmp (caps count) so it shows up on the map.

I followed all of these steps - I see that the info has loaded on my tomtom, but I cannot find the POI's. when I tellit to find POI in my geocache category,it syas there are none; what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Camp Chaos Clan

First make sure your poi file is in the right place (USA_and_Canada directory for me). Then check to see that the "geocache" poi is checked off in the poi settings. Also make sure that the poi and the icon have the same name ie geocache.ov2 and geocache.bmp (caps count) so it shows up on the map.

:unsure: Oh YES! I did it! Thanks so much!

I realize now that I did not send the filet to the right place on the tomtom drive. This always happens to me - I make some small error, but then suddenly I see the light!

Happy geocaching!

CCC in Fort Worth,TX

Thanks

Camp Chaos Clan

:angry: Oh YES! I did it! Thanks so much!

I realize now that I did not send the filet to the right place on the tomtom drive. This always happens to me - I make some small error, but then suddenly I see the light!

Happy geocaching!

CCC in Fort Worth,TX

Heh, heh, been there! That is how you gain experience with this gadgets. Happy Trails.

Thanks

Camp Chaos Clan

I am having this same issue. I have installed the tyre software to use with Tom Tom. Would this interfere? When I point the tyre software to the usa-and-canada folder the caches come up.