beginner

Followers 2

hello all, I am a camp director and will be introducing geocache as a new program to a teenage summer camp ages 15-18. can anyone suggest literature that i could mail to the children to prior to coming to camp sort of like a cheat sheet for what they will be getting into?

I've taught geocaching to two kid's groups and what I have discovered gives me the most headaches is getting them registered with geocaching.com so that they can own a TB and getting their TBs registered. You may not want to do that however. Oftentimes they cannot access e-mail away from home. That has been a big problem.

-it

Hi, you might want to check out www.geoscouting.com for more ideas. This is a website designed to provide information for Boy Scouts and their leaders.

Last year at the Family Camp that I was in charge of we placed 5 temporary geocaches throughout the camp and then provided the campers with coordinates to find them. This was after we had a workshop about using GPSr and geocaching. We made copies of the educational brochure from Geocache University to give to the participants. I plan to do the same this year. Our camp is at a different location and there is an established cache in the parking area as well as some nearby caches to try out.

Have fun.

Followers 2