not receiving anything from geocaching site

tite lines

Up until 2 days ago I had no issues receiving PQ's, notifications of finds and new caches or email from other cachers through geocaching.com. I haven't changed any settings either. I tried running a few PQ's to my gmail account instead of my usual Hotmail but that didn't work either. I am at a total loss of what the problem might be. Any ideas out there?

Saturday morning I was "watching" 4 particular caches that is was hunting for FTF. After logging each, I never received a notification - I did verify that the logs existed on the cache pages. Later in the day, I received one notification that another cacher had logged one of those same caches.

I'm not sure if I missed anything else but I did receive cache publication notifications on Saturday.

Who is your ISP? My previously-reliable ISP suddenly blocked all the Groundspeak domains so I never received any more emails. After changing my GC.com email address to a Gmail account, and forwarding the mail to my email client, I get all the notifications and PQs without a problem.

I recently stopped receiveing PQ's via email this week also. Switched to gmail but still not receiving.

After you update your profile with the gmail address, make sure you validate it. After that, try creating a notification from scratch that you know will warrant notification. Something to the affect of 50 files from your home coordinates for published traditionals. If you still come up empty after two days, fire off an email to contact@geocaching.com with all the steps you've tried and what your notification settings are.

Having issues receiving Pocket Queries. It started about 2 days ago. On Friday afternoon, I ran 1 for that day...after a few hours, nothing came. I ran it again...and nothing came. That night (around 10:00 pm central), I got about a dozen new listings, a weekly news letter and 1 Pocket query.

Saturday (11:00 am central), I ran another Pocket Query and nothing came. So, I ran another....and still nothing.

So, I get new listings, news letters and no pocket queries.

I have this stuff sent to a Gmail account. I might create another email address at a different server to see if anything comes.

I recently stopped receiveing PQ's via email this week also. Switched to gmail but still not receiving.

I also missed 2 PQ this week that I receive each day. Seems to happen every now and again.

My problem ended up being my credit card expired, and I needed to update paypal to the new expiration date. So now got to wait a couple days till they try to re-charge my account. (I go monthly).

Sucks being a free member. Not sure how so many do it.

--mo_town_man

Edited by mo_town_man

***I have this stuff sent to a Gmail account. I might create another email address at a different server to see if anything comes.***

Ok, I ran another Pocket Query and had the PQ sent to my paid web-hosting email address (Not Gmail or Yahoo or Hotmail)....and it still has not come.

Sometimes to get a PQ to run, I have to make a Copy of it. I change that one to Delete after it runs once. The Copy will usually run within a couple of minutes. Since I don't "schedule" my PQs and only request them about once a week, I don't often have to do the "Copy" procedure.

I don't schedule them either...I run them when I want to refresh my cache list.

Ok, I archived the old one, created a new one and marked that as "Delete When Run". I ran it and got the Pocket Query within a couple min.

Whats the deal with that?

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll store that information into my personal "Organization Process Assets" for future use.