GPSMapEdit Questions

I am tring to make some TOPO Maps of the Kansas City Region 1:24 quality (10 foot contours) for my Garmin Units, but one of the programs I am gonna have to use to get it to work is GPSMapEdit.

The questions that I have for GPSMapEdit are:

1. How long does the Shareware trail period last? It doesn't say how long anywhere on the site.

2. What happens when this period end? Will the software simply nuke itself where it doesn't work anymore or what happens?

I am wondering about this because I am not yet sure if I want to spend $70 (The price now is $65 but its a international purchase and my card company likes to tack on extra fees due to this, also the price might go up because of the dollar becoming weaker and weaker.) on the software yet. It sounds like its intresting software and I would like to play around with it other than making the topo maps.

I am tring to make some TOPO Maps of the Kansas City Region 1:24 quality (10 foot contours) for my Garmin Units, but one of the programs I am gonna have to use to get it to work is GPSMapEdit.

The questions that I have for GPSMapEdit are:

1. How long does the Shareware trail period last? It doesn't say how long anywhere on the site.

2. What happens when this period end? Will the software simply nuke itself where it doesn't work anymore or what happens?

I am wondering about this because I am not yet sure if I want to spend $70 (The price now is $65 but its a international purchase and my card company likes to tack on extra fees due to this, also the price might go up because of the dollar becoming weaker and weaker.) on the software yet. It sounds like its intresting software and I would like to play around with it other than making the topo maps.

I've used it occasionally for quite a while, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't disable anything, and there's no annoying messages or anything like that. I think the main thing you don't get with the shareware version is the ability to show Google maps as a background image. But it's a great program so try it out and if you like it and you can, you should support the author.