Vista bundle pack

REI has the Vista HCx with Topo maps for only $259. That is a good deal.

And REI has a coupon good for 20% off for members through the 11th.

That brings the total to $207.20! That's an awesome deal for both.

Especially since REI offers a lifetime warranty.

The coupon code is ANNV20 if anyone wants to use it and doesn't have a copy of the catalog.

Edited by FiveNines

REI has the Vista HCx with Topo maps for only $259. That is a good deal.

And REI has a coupon good for 20% off for members through the 11th.

That brings the total to $207.20! That's an awesome deal for both.

Especially since REI offers a lifetime warranty.

The coupon code is ANNV20 if anyone wants to use it and doesn't have a copy of the catalog.

I ordered and received the Vista HCx bundle from REI this week. While the sale price is fantastic, the member discount is not available for this sale. You cannot beat their lifetime membership benefits, such as 100% warranty, yearly member refund, and the great sales held regularly.

From REI Membership Exclusive Details :

Offer not valid on GPS receivers, two-way radios, phones, personal locator beacons.

With overnight shipping to Florida, total cost of Vista HCx sale bundle was $288.98. Hope this helps in your decision.

Edit : Sale ends tommorow (Sunday, May 11th)

Edited by Trooper347

I ordered and received the Vista HCx bundle from REI this week. While the sale price is fantastic, the member discount is not available for this sale.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't read the fine print. "What the big print giveth, the fine print taketh away."

With overnight shipping to Florida, total cost of Vista HCx sale bundle was $288.98. Hope this helps in your decision.

When I bought mine before Christmas, I used the "ship to store" option and got free shipping. Picked it up locally after waiting about a week.

I ordered and received the Vista HCx bundle from REI this week. While the sale price is fantastic, the member discount is not available for this sale.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't read the fine print. "What the big print giveth, the fine print taketh away."

When I bought mine before Christmas, I used the "ship to store" option and got free shipping. Picked it up locally after waiting about a week.

I just received the HCx Bundle REI recently had on sale. Their web site says the bundle includes the MapSource Trip And Waypoint Manager DVD. The unit I received did not have this DVD. The TOPO 2008 DVD was in the box, but there should have been 2 DVDs. Was the web site wrong, or could the DVD somehow not got packaged? I would like to hear from others who bought this bundle from REI's recent sale. Did you receive the Trip and Waypoint DVD in addition to the TOPO DVD? Thank you.

I just received the HCx Bundle REI recently had on sale. Their web site says the bundle includes the MapSource Trip And Waypoint Manager DVD. The unit I received did not have this DVD. The TOPO 2008 DVD was in the box, but there should have been 2 DVDs. Was the web site wrong, or could the DVD somehow not got packaged? I would like to hear from others who bought this bundle from REI's recent sale. Did you receive the Trip and Waypoint DVD in addition to the TOPO DVD? Thank you.

I think it was a website error. I purchased the bundle, and I received only the Topo 2008 mapping software. I recently added the City Navigator maps and now have a unit that will do everything I need and more.

MapSource Trip And Waypoint Manager is included on the TOPO disc and installed when you install the maps on your computer. There is no need to have a second disc.

MapSource Trip And Waypoint Manager is included on the TOPO disc and installed when you install the maps on your computer. There is no need to have a second disc.

Are you sure? Trip and Waypoint manager is more than just the MapSource program. It includes a worldwide base map, and if you have it installed in MapSource it appears in the product selector dropdown box as a separate product “Trip and Waypoint Manager”. Selecting it gives you access to the worldwide base map. Is that really included on the TOPO disc? I don’t have it, so I have no way to know.

Although you can’t transfer the Trip and Waypoint manager worldwide base map to a receiver, and it has only the typical base map level of detail, it is useful to have on the computer if you collect waypoints or tracks from countries that are not shown in other map products that you have installed and want to see them on a map for context.

Are you sure? Trip and Waypoint manager is more than just the MapSource program. It includes a worldwide base map, and if you have it installed in MapSource it appears in the product selector dropdown box as a separate product “Trip and Waypoint Manager”. Selecting it gives you access to the worldwide base map. Is that really included on the TOPO disc? I don’t have it, so I have no way to know.

Although you can’t transfer the Trip and Waypoint manager worldwide base map to a receiver, and it has only the typical base map level of detail, it is useful to have on the computer if you collect waypoints or tracks from countries that are not shown in other map products that you have installed and want to see them on a map for context.

I was wrong, the package includes MapSource, but not the basemap that comes with TWPM4. Their website was most likely also in error.

If having a World basemap in the MapSource that came with TOPO 2008 is wanted, all you have to do is install Garmin's Training Center. You will now have a world basemap called "PC Basemap". Update MapSource to v6137 and you are good to go.

Links:

http://www8.garmin.com/software/TrainingCe...Windows_343.exe

http://www8.garmin.com/software/MapSource_6137.exe