Coin Idea

Fastest Turtle

Well it sounds to me that you are just out of luck. However, if it was an idea that you shared with them and then they took it and made it with out your permission I would be very upset. I think that with so many people cacheing and making coins it is bound to happen that you have an idea and someone does it before you. May not be your exact design but close enough that you would no longer make yours.

Hmmm....

What if you had posted it here in the forums ? I'm just curious, not trying to start any trouble ! Just

rather bummed :D

If you posted it here in the public forums, and somebody used it B4 you, then:

A- You're out of luck

B- That person is not too nice

C- You've learned to be ready to take an idea to mint when you propose it

D- All of the above

Sorry :D

There were 2 mermaid coins that came out within weeks of each other and both did just fine. Neither knew the other was doing a mermaid coin and no one was bent out of shape over having two memaids that were obviously very different from each other.

If you posted some artwork of a coin design already and someone else has something similar up, say something. I checked your post history, I didn't notice any other designs you had posted but I may have missed it.

Personally I've pulled designs that I've talked with friends about because they were doing the same theme even though our designs were very much different.

Personally I don't read the majority of threads posted here, so it very easy to miss what someone else has planned. If you or someone else posted artwork already by all means copy and past that post in the new thread to let them know you had already mentione doing the design. Some people will wait or move on and some people will continue on with their plans.

Nothing too difficult about stating intentions here. Most people (including me) very rarely share their stuff until it's at the mint. Since your post came out not long after mine, I have to wonder if you had the same idea that I have although like I said I checked your post history and didn't see anything. Quite honestly I have a pile of designs sitting at home, so not doing one or waiting a good deal of time to do it doesn't bother me.

Hmmm....

What if you had posted it here in the forums ? I'm just curious, not trying to start any trouble ! Just

rather bummed :D

A- You're out of luck

D- All of the above

Sorry :D

No, I appreciate your honesty, so I could use tsun's angel she just posted (not that I'm going to) just for an example~ or is she protected by her copyright sign ? Either way, no more posting ideas from us.

We put all ideas property of also....guess I'm just out of luck......... anyway, live & learn... Thank you TMA

snip " Some people will wait or move on and some people will continue on with their plans.

Nothing too difficult about stating intentions here. Most people (including me) very rarely share their stuff until it's at the mint. Since your post came out not long after mine, I have to wonder if you had the same idea that I have although like I said I checked your post history and didn't see anything. Quite honestly I have a pile of designs sitting at home, so not doing one or waiting a good deal of time to do it doesn't bother me.

No, it's not you..... funny, as I just used you in an example :D

Hmmm....

rather bummed :)

A- You're out of luck

D- All of the above

Sorry ;)

No, I appreciate your honesty, so I could use tsun's angel she just posted (not that I'm going to) just for an example~ or is she protected by her copyright sign ? Either way, no more posting ideas from us.

We put all ideas property of also....guess I'm just out of luck......... anyway, live & learn... Thank you TMA

Honestly, yes, you could do a Guardian angel design. And race her to mint with it. You'd have slightyly different things here and there, with color schemes, etc. You'd catch holy hell from the forum group here (IMO), and her, and most likely not sell very many. But, that's cuz you knowingly stole a design and did it with pride :D

Now, like Tsun posted above. You obviously have a specific example in mind, cuz it's burning you up enough to post a whole new topic about it. Two situations could exist. The one that Tsun mentioned, where someone may have been working in the dark, not knowing you had an idea too, and you just came to mint at the same time (i.e. Mermaids). The second, where you forum posted about doing it, and someone else just took that idea and ran from that. You'd have to have a pretty specific design or artwork posted in that mention, and be able to show that. Otherwise, posting a note like "You know, I think I'd like to see a Pink Bunny coin, with cool easter colors" doesn't get you much. :D

I'm simply speculating since I can't find your mention/art of any coin you have coming up, other than your personal.

TMA

My thinking is along the same lines as Tsun and TMA. Unless your art was stolen and taken to the mint before you could there is little harm done. Look at all the turtles out there. or frogs for that matter! Yours just happens to be the fastest but the designs are so dissimilar it shouldn't affect sales of any of them.

But if you can show that you posted art that someone else minted pretty much to the letter I'm positive the forums will rally behind you and boycot those coins' sales.

Edited by Droo

Well there were a few of us who had discussed making a "Phone a friend" coin in the shape of a cell phone (hinges and all) in geocoin chat last year. Now it's being minted by someone else. Could they have stolen the idea? Sure, but I doubt it. Like others have said, a lot of people think of designs at the same time. I just figure we're out of luck.

There's two ways to look at it. One way is to be depressed and feel you're "out of luck". The other way is to do the very best coin you can, be proud of it, and don't worry. I've been burned by bad timing a few times, but it seems to work out fine over the long haul. Just enjoy what you're doing because enthusiasm is contagious. :D

There's two ways to look at it. One way is to be depressed and feel you're "out of luck". The other way is to do the very best coin you can, be proud of it, and don't worry. I've been burned by bad timing a few times, but it seems to work out fine over the long haul. Just enjoy what you're doing because enthusiasm is contagious. :D

Amen, Amen, and Amen. :D

Well there were a few of us who had discussed making a "Phone a friend" coin in the shape of a cell phone (hinges and all) in geocoin chat last year. Now it's being minted by someone else. Could they have stolen the idea? Sure, but I doubt it. Like others have said, a lot of people think of designs at the same time. I just figure we're out of luck.

What??? Someone doing a Phone-a-Friend Geocoin??? Oh yea...we did that one a couple of years ago and yes we have the official name "Phone-A-Friend" geocoin on our coins and the icon to go with it.....Would that mean that we have some kind of recourse if they use our coin name, which we have had for over 2 years now???

Why the nerve of some people! :D

What??? Someone doing a Phone-a-Friend Geocoin??? Oh yea...we did that one a couple of years ago and yes we have the official name "Phone-A-Friend" geocoin on our coins and the icon to go with it.....Would that mean that we have some kind of recourse if they use our coin name, which we have had for over 2 years now???

Why the nerve of some people! :D

Here's the picture for the record...

ScreenHunter_11.jpg