Coin mileage logging query?

Hi all

I have noticed that several folks have a coin that they use to track how many miles they do from cache to cache.

Do you simply place it in a cache then retrieve it immediately? (not physically of course!)

I have a spare new coin, can I go back the 40 odd caches I have found & do this?

Is it customary etiquette wise to make a note on the cache page that you're logging a coin in and out?

Finally, is there anything else I should know or consider?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Some owners dislike it but that's how you do it. GSAK will do the same thing for you without using the site or a TB.

If you do decide to go the TB route it's good manners to delete logs once you're finished as they have no relevance to the cache history. They're just there for you.

You'll have to use Write Note to retrospectively drop the coin into caches you've already logged. Most of the time, the 'dropper' just writes "bug drop" as the text of the log and then after it's submitted, deletes the log straight away (which doesn't affect the TB drop). You can then retrieve it normally.

Once you're up to date, you can just use your normal find logs to drop the coin/bug in and then retrieve it out again straight away. I think most people do mention in their log if they're going to log a milage bug through but not all... Up to you really.

Yes, you just drop it in when you log your find, and then go to the page for your coin to log it out. (It can be a coin or a TB). You can go back over all the caches you've visited and log it in (using 'Write a Note', not re-logging as a find.

It isn't necessary to say you're logging a coin through, as it remains invisible to the owner, except for the trackable history link on the cache page.

Finally, a couple of other comments, you can't log your coin in to Webcam caches or Earthcaches, but you can log them through virts. Also the more caches you visit, the longer it takes to open the page for your coin, so the longer it takes logging your finds :D . I haven't given up doing it yet, but I might restart on another TB number. :D

Yes, you just drop it in when you log your find, and then go to the page for your coin to log it out. (It can be a coin or a TB). You can go back over all the caches you've visited and log it in (using 'Write a Note', not re-logging as a find.

It isn't necessary to say you're logging a coin through, as it remains invisible to the owner, except for the trackable history link on the cache page.

Finally, a couple of other comments, you can't log your coin in to Webcam caches or Earthcaches, but you can log them through virts. Also the more caches you visit, the longer it takes to open the page for your coin, so the longer it takes logging your finds :D . I haven't given up doing it yet, but I might restart on another TB number. :D

Thanks again, yet to complete an earth or webcam cache yet, but i'll bear that in mind.

Those webcam caches are too funny! I love seeing the pictures ;)

GSAK will do the same thing for you without using the site or a TB

How? :D

Hi Delta!

We're up in Warks this weekend visiting my folks in Dunchurch (Rugby)

Any cache recommendations that aren't too strenuous that we can take them to? :D (apart from the village guy fawkes multi)

Hi Dino it does....

I love that little macro! Mine was skewed from the locationless caches, and then BINGO, someone showed me how to do it without including them!!!

Mine are also skewed cos of the caches in the States on them... any idea how to remove those ones? I don't mind them not being on the list as I did those while on holiday.

Oh Ian... you know me...

I don't have any idea on the simple things in life, never mind something techie!!! I never even knew that "little" macro existed til I was shown it a few months ago!

I'll give that one a go later on!!!

Mine are also skewed cos of the caches in the States on them... any idea how to remove those ones? I don't mind them not being on the list as I did those while on holiday.

You could update the coords on those caches (within GSAK) to be the same location as the cache before you did them. This way your count is still correct, but mileage omitted.