Mio P560 for paperless caching

Just about to take delivery of a new shiny P560 for work and guess that I can use it for caching as well!

Looking about the forums I am guessing that all I need to do is export caches from GSAK then add the following software to the device

Cachemate, Beeline, GPSTuner, GPSgate, Memory Map

Have I missed anything? i.e. does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations?

Edited by Big Wolf

I thought for a minute it was going to be a tool that converts .GPX to .mmo so they can be loaded directly onto the Mio.

(Unless of course it IS possible to load .csv files straight into MM on the Mio :D )

mmo is a propriatary format. There are a few folks working on cracking it, but so far it's not in general circulation. The CSV that my GPX toMM produced can be imported into the desktop version of MM and then use the funtionality in MM to transfer the waypoints to the Mio. I have a P550.

I beleive there is a "Pro" version that will bring csv straight into MM on the Mio, but us poor UK folks can't get it and the US version doesn;t work on out maps apprently. :D

I got confuzzled in GSAK, which is why I did my own little app. If you can get your head round GSAK it is a great tool. I am thinking about a straight html output from GPXtoMM but so far I haven't had the time to implement it, or much encouragement.

Cust.

You'll find people do things various ways with GSAK and the Mio (or any pocket PC). I've written a PDF document using info gathered from lots of others on how to load files into the Mio and Memory Map from GSAK 7. Click here to download it. It uses the wonderful Lordelph icons and scripts by the equally wonderful Edgemaster!!

You'll be able to take a pocket query, load it into GSAK, create csv files for Memory Map (which displays the cache type icons) which will automatically open the webpage when you click on them. You can create a csv that can be loaded into Memory Map with a link to a local webpage so it can be opened on the Mio.

You'll loads of people on these forums who can help!

Chris

Edited by The Blorenges

Thanks for that Chris and the PDF is most helpful. I am a great believer in not re-inventing the wheel so the info is just what I was looking for. I have already automated GSAK to MM on the PC with a similar set of exports (in macros) so it wont be too difficult to make up a set for the Mio as well. Now just waiting for the delivery tomorrow am!