Guardian Angel of Geocaching Geocoin

tsunrisebey

I was wondering if there was any interest in this type of coin? Please use your imagination a little bit here, I only wanted you to see the rough design. One side the angel would hold an ammo can the other side a 35mm micro. I want to keep the angel ambiguous so there won't be a face or hair added to indicate gender. Like I said this is the initial sketch.

The coin would be trackable probably 1.75" and I'm toying with a couple ideas for it (I'm not looking for suggestions how to improve it, lol). I just don't want to reveal everything about the design at this point but since this isn't a typical 'tsun' subject matter, I wanted to know if something like this would be of interest?

If this seems to be something that would be of interest, I'd like to submit it by end of next week :huh:

I kind of modeled this after the Willow Tree Angels that Hallmark sells, I have a few of them at home and always thought they were neat.

You can post here or drop me an email/pm if you're a lurker.

Thanks ;) tsun

removed image

Edited by tsunrisebey

Spooky 2 (The wife) loves Willow Tree figures. It makes it really easy to get presents for her! ;) Unfortunately the photos aren't showing up for me on my browser, :huh: but if the coins resemble the figures I wouldn't get in any trouble from her for buying some!

For my wife's last birthday I bought her 7 of the Willow Tree Angel ornaments and hid them all over the house for her to find when she got up. The kids got up before she did and woke her up after finding a couple of them! They then had a grand hunt trying to find them all before the school bus came! :o

Hey Tsun:

Great idea, I think enough people love guardian angels that they would sell. I think you would need more detail in the design, but the basic premise is sound. I'm not familiar with the Willow Tree Series (will check out online after this post), but I'd give you a thumb's up (or a wing's up if that's more appropriate for the discussion) for what that's worth. To be honest, I wouldn't "collect" them for myself, but might buy some to give away. Good luck if you decide to move forward, which I would encourage you to do.

Edited to add:

I just checked out the Willow Tree Series, and they are a little too plain/generic/faceless for my taste. From what you provided as sketches above though, I already like your design better than what I saw online. There is something about the lines and flow of your sketches that I think would appeal to people, so again, for what my opinion is worth, I'd say yes, go for it.

Edited by nashuan

I want one in every finish... oh ok just 2 will do then, one for my Guardian Angel and the other for the little man that stands by my shoulder.

Great Idea Steph, looking forward to seeing the final design.

Ljay

HHHHMMMMMM Now isn't that interesting !!! :D

;)

Well I lack the ability to read minds or see into the future, I've sent you both emails which I've not heard back yet. By all means if I am unknowingly stepping on your toes, please say something instead of keeping quiet as I obviously have no clue to what you are up to. Since we are all adults here, just take a few minutes and explain, I think you'll find I'm pretty flexible. It's not worth stewing over.

tsun

:D

:)

I was going to ask you to pick the numbers for the lottery....

Never got an e-mail...just watching from a distance the outcome of this coin....

therefore, the lurking symbol....or what I consider lurking.

Yep, I am an adult...thanks for calling me out....sometimes I forget I can't use emicons and txt slang....LOL

Steel City Babes