Justify owning both 400T and 60scx

I have returned two 400t for accuracy and "jumping" issues and am waiting on the the bugs to be worked out or find where people are getting the "trouble-free" units.

I bought myself another 60scx. Some are saying that they prefer the 60scx for hiking and other activities while they prefer the 400t for Geocaching. I understand the 400T and Geocaching attraction, but why do those prefer the 60scx for hiking, etc?

My guess is they like the trackback option. I find it handy sometimes when we are out hiking trails. Others just follow the breadcrumbs on the map, and don't use the trackback option. Then the loss on the CO is not a big deal.

I don't know what other features people would like for hiking.

I wondered what the draw was for hiking as well. I assumed having 3D topo maps would be a hiker's dream. I am still a noob when it comes to using my colorado and am always looking for better ways to use it. The manual is zero help in that regards. I would assume trackback option will eventually be added since it should only be a software issue. Right now I have to remind myself to place a waypoint at my car when I go for longer treks for a cache .. either that or simply pay attention to where I parked.

I love my 400t. And I found that it really shone a few weeks ago when I hiked 6+ miles for 6 caches. It nailed the hills and valleys and saved me some up and down in the long run. I am taking it on a 35 mile hiking trip to the Bruce Peninsula May 16-22...and hitting a handful or two of caches along the way. I am eager to see how it does there.

As far as the "trackback" opinion goes? I might have used it once or twice. I generally just look at my breadcrumb trail as a guide to get back.