The Wishing Coin...'Tis a mystery for sure...

mousekakat

Wow was GCF this weekend an amazingly fun blur of faces, caches, coins and events that lasted a long time but seemed like it was over too soon! :ph34r: At some point during the frenzy one of these lovely coins showed up between two of the stacks of coin binders on the table I was using at the main event!! :anibad: Thanks so much, mystery coin giver, this is a beautiful addition to my collection! :laughing:

OMG OMG OMG OMG Big girl squeals here!!!! can y'all hear me?

today, a low mood day for me, ended like all the others. come home, check the mail, bubblers, of course, and bills. open the bills, save the bubblers for last because they are more fun.

a couple of coins for presents so can't post those, but what's this? look at the return address. OMG OMG OMG! could it be, yes it could!

the gorgeous wishing coin. exquisite in person. my favorite teal colour and it feels as if it is epoxy coated. i am just all teary-eyed at this. beauty is palpable. joy is palpable.

thank you so much wishing person. words cannot express!

rsg

2960427990_c61e8e6e63_o.jpg

i was reading some of the old messages here and i was struck by WSR, his envelope did not have cancelled stamps.

neither did mine. how odd is that. so the coin is a mystery and how it is getting where it gets is also a mystery. i am going to sleep with a nice smile on my face. and sharing the koi with folks at work tomorrow will keep that smile going all day!

lara

Wow-I always read about other people getting one of these coins, or the other mystery coins. Nothing like this ever comes to my stretch of the woods! I found one of these wishing coins in my binder at Geocoinfest. I can't tell you how excited I was. It is a beautiful coin and a wonderful sentiment. I wish I had the funds to invest in a project like this and spread the joy. Thank you whoever it was that left it for me (and I have a GOOD idea of who it was!!!! :D You made my day. Heck you made my month, I am still grinning from ear to ear!

I feel guilty about the guy sitting at the table with me though. He found one of these coins under his binder as well, but didn't know what it was. He asked another gentleman sitting at the table with us if it might have been his. He ended up giving it to the other gentleman, thinking maybe one of the folks who sat to trade with him might have accidentally left it behind. :)

Edited by guinea_gal

WISH WAS GRANTED!!!

This is a true story of how my wish came true, as told by 007BigD :D :

The day I recieved my Wishing coin was a day I truley need an uplift and a wish! It was a bit ago and glad I waited as my wish came true! :D

I picked up a traveler type dude standing in front of a Gas station 10:00 at night holding a sign "LAYTONVILLE"..."Hey, Im goin there and this guy hasent got a chance this late!"

I swooped him up and we started to chat...nice guy! He started off with how his house and all his belongings got burned up in the fires while he was south. All he had was his shirt on his back and nothing else- His House he "Built", His Truck, his Bike and Everything he posesses! :grin:

From there it went on to his entire life story of loosin all his assets over and over again!...Poor Guy! :D

Well he supposed to find a place to camp till the morn when he would get work at a local festival, so I figured NO HARM, "you stay at my house!" We fed him, clothed him, gave hima few bucks and about 5 lbs of Glass Beads to turn into somethin for the festival. Dropped him off in the morn and all was good!

TILL HE CALLED ME BACK! He didnt get in and now he was stranded again! So I took him back to my shop and let him stay there when I got off work.

Long story short... He headed off to the Lake with my fishin pole and got dropped off at Wal-Mart! My opals that I showed him came up missing!!! My prized TOP Gems that I hand dug myself were GONE! I knew I had misplaced em, so started looking and Nowhere to be found! 2 weeks went by and the day I realized they were NOT TO BE FOUND after lookin in the last place I could check is the day when I recieved my Wishing coin!...Not only that but 3 other Mystery coins in one shabang! ( :grin: ) Strange!

I admired my new prize and wished with all my might that my opals be found!

ABout a week later Sweetpea hands me abox...says..."you lookin for this" HOLY MOLY...Where did you get these???... She found em in the back of a cupboard in the back laundry room!!!...AFTER the whole house had been cleaned and were just about wrapped up to move!... I still have NO idea as to how they got in there!

So...My wish came true and I had my precious Gems back!!! THANK YOU WISHING COIN!!! :D

7ae41f93-9d16-4d50-b2b1-cb00a770365a.jpg

Heres a close up of that big old Blinger...its hard see the fire in it in the 1st pic, but its my best one!...I was most dissapointed about this one as thought I never had a chance to cab it down on my wheel to expose the fire hidden beneath the encrusted sides although it almost shined right through!...These pics do em no justice! So now I will take the time to expose all that fire that lays beneath those edges and see just what kind of jewel I actually posess! :D

6771b56c-e5c4-43be-bacd-77d60eb6e845.jpg

Thanks again Wishing Coin!... And congrats to all of those wishes that come true!...For all those who havent...well, KEEP ON WISHING!!!

WISH WAS GRANTED!!!

This is a true story of how my wish came true, as told by 007BigD :D :

The day I recieved my Wishing coin was a day I truley need an uplift and a wish! It was a bit ago and glad I waited as my wish came true! :D

I picked up a traveler type dude standing in front of a Gas station 10:00 at night holding a sign "LAYTONVILLE"..."Hey, Im goin there and this guy hasent got a chance this late!"

I swooped him up and we started to chat...nice guy! He started off with how his house and all his belongings got burned up in the fires while he was south. All he had was his shirt on his back and nothing else- His House he "Built", His Truck, his Bike and Everything he posesses! :)

From there it went on to his entire life story of loosin all his assets over and over again!...Poor Guy! :laughing:

Well he supposed to find a place to camp till the morn when he would get work at a local festival, so I figured NO HARM, "you stay at my house!" We fed him, clothed him, gave hima few bucks and about 5 lbs of Glass Beads to turn into somethin for the festival. Dropped him off in the morn and all was good!

TILL HE CALLED ME BACK! He didnt get in and now he was stranded again! So I took him back to my shop and let him stay there when I got off work.

Long story short... He headed off to the Lake with my fishin pole and got dropped off at Wal-Mart! My opals that I showed him came up missing!!! My prized TOP Gems that I hand dug myself were GONE! I knew I had misplaced em, so started looking and Nowhere to be found! 2 weeks went by and the day I realized they were NOT TO BE FOUND after lookin in the last place I could check is the day when I recieved my Wishing coin!...Not only that but 3 other Mystery coins in one shabang! ( :rolleyes: ) Strange!

I admired my new prize and wished with all my might that my opals be found!

ABout a week later Sweetpea hands me abox...says..."you lookin for this" HOLY MOLY...Where did you get these???... She found em in the back of a cupboard in the back laundry room!!!...AFTER the whole house had been cleaned and were just about wrapped up to move!... I still have NO idea as to how they got in there!

So...My wish came true and I had my precious Gems back!!! THANK YOU WISHING COIN!!! :D

7ae41f93-9d16-4d50-b2b1-cb00a770365a.jpg

Heres a close up of that big old Blinger...its hard see the fire in it in the 1st pic, but its my best one!...I was most dissapointed about this one as thought I never had a chance to cab it down on my wheel to expose the fire hidden beneath the encrusted sides although it almost shined right through!...These pics do em no justice! So now I will take the time to expose all that fire that lays beneath those edges and see just what kind of jewel I actually posess! :D

6771b56c-e5c4-43be-bacd-77d60eb6e845.jpg

Thanks again Wishing Coin!... And congrats to all of those wishes that come true!...For all those who havent...well, KEEP ON WISHING!!!

Congrats on the Wishing Stone (koi - just love them and they are illegal in this state)! Also on finding your gems - that Opal is how I remembered them as a kid - firey and beautiful! The ones you see in the stores today are so "bland" - even the best Jewelry stores - nothing like this.

Have a wonderful day!

What a BIG surprise for us today! The other yooper received his Halloween Mission Box inside was all kinds of ghoulish delights but there tucked in the corner, kind of away from everything else, was A Wishing Coin!! I'm not sure how it came to be in a Halloween Box, I sure hope those little fish didn't get frightened!

It is a very lovely coin that will proudly sit on my desk top!

I now have everything I could wish for, a great family, a new life in a beautiful country, great friends, good health and my freedom. And today, in the far away land of Oz, a beautiful coin found in a cache nearby...

week6004.jpg

The cache where I found this coin was under a bridge in a beautiful park with a koi pond. I spotted a ginormous Koi but was unable to get his picture as he was shy.

Now, my wish is for the givers of this coin to have what I have: family, friends, health, freedom and peace.

Thankyou mystery person.

Even though we are old hands at geocaching we are newbies with geocoins. We hail from W.A....no its not Washington its Western Australia a long way south of the US state.

We were the first team to place a geocache in Western Australia. Its near the town of Albany and is still and active cache. Funny to think of our cache as being historical but it is somewhere in the records of notable GEOthings.

By now you are wondering what we are on here for.....well...While out doing a spot of maintainence on one of our caches "Sun Makes Light" Which is a night cache we found A wonderful gift of the "The Wishing Coin" Number 119 (if you like to know these things )

We dont often get that warm fuzzy feeling when repairing caches as it can be thankless at times but finding the coin made our day.

Thanks so much to the kind person (team) that gives gifts for no other reason that to be nice...

We shall cherish it and carry it with us as a reminder that we should all try to be nice if we can.

Lyn Pat and Nathan in Sunny W.A. (Western Australia...Perth)

Congratulations to Bernice of Garden Gorilla and Pat of LP&N for finding Wishing coins!

Couldn't have happened to nicer people. :( ...and I hope to log your historic 1st cache

in WA one day Pat! For those who didn't know, Pat was my postman for a few years. :-)

edit for spelling :anitongue:

Edited by 3BlindEyes

Thanks so much to the kind person (team) that gives gifts for no other reason that to be nice...

dito tought here....

WAUWIE LP&T how cool is it that you find this beautiful coin in the first cache ever in hole big Western Australia and that it is your cache.. :ph34r:

this is a great story to read, even i get a warm feeling of it...

CONGRATS and may all your wishes come treu.

OH and Mal i`m just wondering was it postman Pat that put this coin in your mailbox a while ago :unsure: ??

that would be so cool :rolleyes:

by the way it is nice to see you again in here.. :rolleyes:

AND FOR ALL WHO RECIEVED THIS COIN CONGRATS TO AND MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TREU....

Edited by lorca.nl

B):D:blink:

I have been working 12 hr days for the better part of 3 weeks now and had very little time to cache or read and catch up with the forums. However I did feel a need to post here tonight.

I got home tonight... checked my mail... found a few bubble mailers and started opening them. My wife said my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw what I had and she knew it was something special.

I was so excited that I failed to open the last mailer for another 20 minutes.

She has a few select coins that she really likes, and claims them as 'hers'... Well, needless to say, this one is now on the 'hers' list ( it's easy to play the game her way! I'll get it back though! :D )

Thank you so very much for this beautiful coin! I, ... err WE will always treasure it!

:blink::ph34r::huh:

oh, i received a very wonderful coin from a very wonderful mystery person. they are watching the threads and fulfilling wishes.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

:blink::blink::blink::huh:

You too? Congrats UFgatorgirl. Thanks mystery Wishing Person for sending my friend your coin. I received one today also and will have to post a pic later. I leave for a first of the season backpacking trip early AM, and I'm still running around crazy.

Edited by nefesh

ohhhh a wonderfull wake up today......

i`m so happy that the fish keep swimming to all these lovely people :blink:

UFgatorgirl and Nefesh CONGRATZZZZ with this beautiful coin :blink:

it make me smiling and i hope that this beauty give you a lot HAPPINEZZ and make your wishes come treu :blink:

WISHING FISH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKE THIS LOVELY PEOPLE HAPPY......

oh, i received a very wonderful coin from a very wonderful mystery person. they are watching the threads and fulfilling wishes.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

:blink::blink::blink::huh:

You too? Congrats UFgatorgirl. Thanks mystery Wishing Person for sending my friend your coin. I received one today also and will have to post a pic later. I leave for a first of the season backpacking trip early AM, and I'm still running around crazy.

:(:( Congrats and i hope all your wishes come true :(;)