The Wishing Coin...'Tis a mystery for sure...

mousekakat

Attended MWGB this past weekend and while walking - albeit with a slight wobble :huh: - back to our camp from area 51 late Friday night Mrs jAY miLLS pointed to my chair and says "Whats that?" there in the bottom of my chairs cup holder was this wonderful coin. What a delight. I went to bed with a smile only to be awakened by my wife yelling in her sleep: "SHE'S ON FIRE DAMMIT SOMEONE PUT HER OUT!" But that is another story . . . . . Thank you so much for thinking of me, I feel very honored and blessed.

Peace

Edited by jAY miLLS

Add me to the list of those fortunate enough to lay their hands on this sweet coin at MWGB.

At some point while I was being blinded by an array of glow items never seen before in such a mass, I somehow realized I had a cold wet fin reaching into my pocket. I won't say that is a first or anything, but at least this tory ends with a very grateful cacher receiving a very cool coin!

Thank you very much for fulfilling my wish this weekend.

to all the folks that can hold this coin and the angel coin in their hands and make a wish — send bright and happy thoughts to my friend and fellow photographer, michael, who has taken the last journey home. his loss is devastating to those who knew him, his work and his wonderful outlook on life.

peace and blessings to all and congratulations too!

rsg

Add me to the list of those fortunate enough to lay their hands on this sweet coin at MWGB.

At some point while I was being blinded by an array of glow items never seen before in such a mass, I somehow realized I had a cold wet fin reaching into my pocket. I won't say that is a first or anything, but at least this tory ends with a very grateful cacher receiving a very cool coin!

Thank you very much for fulfilling my wish this weekend.

I am so jealous! All I found in my pockets this weekend were rocks!

I've not been online much lately as things have been pretty hectic around here - which means I haven't been doing any trading or buying so I wasn't really expecting anything in the mail. So I was pretty surprised to see a padded envelope on my desk this morning. I didn't know what it could be but was thrilled when I saw it was The Wishing coin!!! It's such a nice coin and sentiment. I feel pretty special knowing someone out there was thinking of me.

What a wonderful gift at a perfect time - thank you so much. I really appreciate it more than you can know and it will find a special spot in our collection.

One of the little kids who was asking everyone if they wanted a peanut at the area51 bonfire handed me one of the wishing coins. I did not know what it was until recently. Very cool to have.

Thanks peanut girl!

Oh she was too cute, wasn't she? She did that Friday & Saturday nights.

My daughter was handed one at Friday night trading at MWGB. I will, if I am lucky, get to look at it maybe once a year. Thank you for the beautiful Wishing Coin. With her birthday tomorrow, you certainly made one of her wishes come true!

One of the little kids who was asking everyone if they wanted a peanut at the area51 bonfire handed me one of the wishing coins. I did not know what it was until recently. Very cool to have.

Thanks peanut girl!

That is it so sweet!!

Congrats to all the latest koi keepers, as always it's great to read all these stories here.

Ali :)

to all the folks that can hold this coin and the angel coin in their hands and make a wish — send bright and happy thoughts to my friend and fellow photographer, michael, who has taken the last journey home. his loss is devastating to those who knew him, his work and his wonderful outlook on life.

rsg

Lara, I'm sorry to hear this bad news. Happy thoughts are heading his way in the hope that he can be strong in this next step of his journey. Prayers go out to those he has left behind to suffer in his loss.

This news places into some perspective the trivial things I have been whining about all week. I have been struggling very much with getting the office to work out the details that would allow me to get to an Event in Utah that I like to attend each year. They should have had me back to California over a week ago to retrieve my mail, and then on my way to take my time off in Salt Lake City. Instead I have spent 3 of the last 10 days parked with no work to do, and getting no closer to home. It has been very stressful for me, until I spent a good deal of time on the phone yesterday explaining to several different people just what sequence of events needed to happen in order for this all to work out. The load I was on had to be rescheduled to deliver later in the day, so that I could go to the Post Office while they were actually OPEN, and pick up a package of things I need to take with me to Utah. This seems pretty simple to me, but some people just don't seem to GET IT.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer...

I arrived at the Post Office this morning about 1/2 hour before the window opened and looked in my Box, struggling to figure out why it was SO FULL? Along with the important things like bills and paystubs, I found the paper that would allow my package to be picked up when the window opened, and then stuck between two magazines that I never subscribed to, a PADDED ENVELOPE! We all know the story of "I'm not expecting anything". I looked at the return label, and gave the cleaning lady a start when I yelled some happy exclamation (can't remember if it was even a word). Then I opened the package, and was so happy that I had to show her the coin, and try to answer her questions about it...

"Is it a magnet?'

No, it's a coin...

"What do you mean, can you spend it?"

No, it's a gift, for a collection...

"Who sent it to you?"

I don't know...It's a mystery...They send them to people all over the world...

and so on...

I showed her the envelope, and we both noticed that the Stamps were never cancelled, and she also noticed my claim slip for the bigger box that was still locked in the back. She asked me about that, and then took it and slipped into the back with it...(still 20 minutes before opening)...I heard her conversing with someone else back there, and next she pops out with my package in hand!! This Coin has Magic!!

It's a good thing that this Coin came, and that she gave me my package early, for if I had waited in line for the window, my delivery would have been late. I only had 15 minutes to spare when I got to the customer.

After my delivery, I had to drive to the next customer that was shipping the load that gets me to Utah. I have not taken the time for breakfast yet, but only have had my coffee, and my second Magic break comes through. The shipper turns out to be a Dried Fruit company. When I checked in at the shipping office, I asked them a few questions about the fruit they sell, and they told me "Here, try some" and gave me two packages of their Dried Apricots. They are very tasty, and a handful of those paired with a granola bar made for a perfect light breakfast. Are these samples the result of more Coin Magic?

Thank you so much for sending me this Magic, Mystery Wishing Coin!!

There was a Koi pond at the dentist I used to see when I was a kid. We always loved to go see the fish when a dental visit was in order.

rsg

Sorry to hear from your lost, i wish you a lot off strenght.

I am going to lite a candle for you and michael.

rsg

Really sorry to read about the loss of your friend Michael RSG.....it sounds as though he was lovely person and a really talented photographer. Looking at his work now must be a great comfort to you and a wonderful, lasting tribute to him.

And to WSR....congrats on finding your wishing coin!! You certainly deserve it what with all the effort that you put in on your excellent competitions etc. Great story to read too, it sure does seem as though it's working some magic for you already....those apricots sounded delicious.

Loved reading about your trips to the dentist to see the koi too. Now if ours had done something like that when I was knee high, maybe I wouldn't have been so terrified and ended up biting him lol (my dental card had "patient impossible to handle" marked on it after that vist). Koi are so lovely and relaxing to watch......all dentists should have a pond full of them outside!

Ali

Edited by Geo-Gophers

Arrived at GeoRendezous early Friday morning, long before people began showing up for the Event. So after setting up camp I grabbed some food and headed for the Pond to watch the antics of a pair of Kingfishers I’d seen early. Mom and Pop Kingfisher were attempting to coax the youngsters out for an early morning fishing lesson. Have to admit it was funnier then watching SNL. After several failed dives and a near drowning a young female perched itself in a nearby branch to dry off, upset because Mom and Dad made no effort to feed her or her brothers and sisters. As hunger will cause creatures to do some pretty unusual things, she turns and asks for my help with the promise she would make it worth my while. So I begin tossing bread crumbs which in turn attracts little fish. As luck would have it she finally gets her fish and flies off. Now with all the fun was over I head back to camp for a late morning nap. Upon waking, as I leave the tent, I could have sworn I spotted a Kingfisher fly off and perch in a nearby tree. Sitting at the picnic table, gathering my thoughts, I notice a shiny little object on the corner. Low and behold it was “The Wishing Coin”. Now I’d like to believe that little Kingfisher had a hand in it, but I think she may have had a little two-legged help. Whatever the case all I can say is ‘THANK YOU’.

Arrived at GeoRendezous early Friday morning, long before people began showing up for the Event. So after setting up camp I grabbed some food and headed for the Pond to watch the antics of a pair of Kingfishers I’d seen early. Mom and Pop Kingfisher were attempting to coax the youngsters out for an early morning fishing lesson. Have to admit it was funnier then watching SNL. After several failed dives and a near drowning a young female perched itself in a nearby branch to dry off, upset because Mom and Dad made no effort to feed her or her brothers and sisters. As hunger will cause creatures to do some pretty unusual things, she turns and asks for my help with the promise she would make it worth my while. So I begin tossing bread crumbs which in turn attracts little fish. As luck would have it she finally gets her fish and flies off. Now with all the fun was over I head back to camp for a late morning nap. Upon waking, as I leave the tent, I could have sworn I spotted a Kingfisher fly off and perch in a nearby tree. Sitting at the picnic table, gathering my thoughts, I notice a shiny little object on the corner. Low and behold it was “The Wishing Coin”. Now I’d like to believe that little Kingfisher had a hand in it, but I think she may have had a little two-legged help. Whatever the case all I can say is ‘THANK YOU’.

Congrat's! A very deserving person :D

Ah... my first attempt at poker ever was GeoPoker at the GeoRendevous.

All I really wanted was to avoid being the first person out...

And along came a wonderful person who delivered a Wishing Coin to me!!

So I wished and wished and wished and dreamed and

Lo and behold I was the second person out at my table.

And you know what was even better and cooler and more fun to watch?

LoriDarlin and Dorkfish made it to the final table and neither of them have ever played before!

Too cool eh?

That's one marvelous wish granting set of fishes that I was gifted with!!!

Well, here is my tale. I got home off the road a couple of hours before I was to host the Dinner after GeoRendezous. As we were setting up, I saw Lori Darling with a group of cachers in a camp site next to where we were to cook. Wanting to make sure I had a chance to visit before things got busy, I popped over.

A lady cacher I do not know asked me who I was, and then told me she had a coin for me. After looking at it quickly, I tucked it in my pocket. Lori then asked me if I knew what I had. Being worried about getting the dinner kicked off right, I had not taken much of a look. Pulling it out, I could feel Lori's “All Knowing Smile” waiting for me to realize what it was. Not one to get into the forums much, I was clueless. Then I was informed what I had been handed. WOW, a mystery coin of my own. This will be treasured with the couple of others I have been lucky enough to receive.

For someone who is (I don't think) not well known in the caching community (outside of the Utah/Idaho area), I felt really grateful (and a bit stressed for the dinner) for the idea that I was selected to receive a wonderful gift. Thank you for coin number 163.

And for Write Shop Robert, a fellow “Over The Road Cacher”, I understand the feeling of getting home to a stuffed mailbox. Be safe out there.

WOW!!! We received #161 at GCF yesterday. What an awesome, awesome surprise !! This coin reminds me of my mother, who passed away a few years ago after a long battle with cancer. She loved to sit by her koi fish pond. My dad still maintains the pond.

Thanks again :):D:laughing: I have been wanting this coin since I first saw it posted. It is even more beautiful in person.

....Anthus

While at the GCF, an envelope was thrust into my pocket by an unknown person. I fished it out to find that it had KAboom's name on it...DARN! lol

Well, I had to wait for him to get home from school, but he opened that envelope a little while ago and was very much surprised to find #114!! AWESOME!!

THANKS sooo much my friend!!

While at the GCF, an envelope was thrust into my pocket by an unknown person. I fished it out to find that it had KAboom's name on it...DARN! lol

Well, I had to wait for him to get home from school, but he opened that envelope a little while ago and was very much surprised to find #114!! AWESOME!!

THANKS sooo much my friend!!

I met Vanelle at the GCF Whg. numbers run on saturday and we met again at the meet and greet event we sat down at a table and while we were looking-trading each other coins she found a wishing coin I think on the seat next to her or on her coin case.She looked at me and said I found a wishing coin and I think I said Wow and thats awesome and let me see it! Congrats.to Vanelle and latest recipients bitten by the bug!

Cainrcc left the most perfect part of the story out! After a long and fun-filled day with him at the numbers run, we were sitting down together having a chat and he was showing me his own lovely binder of mystery coins. How perfect is the timing of this special mystery coiner to have chosen this moment, while I am admiring Cainrcc's mystery collection, to drop a mystery coin on top of my bag! I was shocked when I turned around and saw it sitting there. This coin is just gorgeous, and I am honored to own it. Thank you very very much, whoever you are.