The Wishing Coin...'Tis a mystery for sure...

mousekakat

First of all we like to say congrads to Bev and everyone else for receiving the beautiful Wishing Mystery Geocoin.

OOH, came home at 9pm last night from traveling all the way to Michigan to attend the Lazy Hayes Days Event and catch up with many of our MIGO friends, both Barry and I are all tired out for taking turns in driving the long haul, Came home first thing we did was coolapse on our bed, was nice to be home and went thru a stack of geocoin mail from over the weekend mostly gecoin trades, we opened up all of our envelopes and thought we were done opening everything B) Barry said what is this?? I said I don't know, where did you get that or find that I thought we opened up everything together, he said it was in the papers...We had tears in our eyes as soon as we opened up the envelope and seen if was the Mystery Wishing Coin #143, and we both looked at each other and said at the same timet what have we done to deserve this??? Someone must really think the world of us. Whoever you are Special Mystery Wishing coin person, We love you and know we are honored and blessed to have a special coin like this given to us and it means so much to us and it will forever remain close in our hearts. We will take pictures of it this evening and post it next to our goldfish tank. It still amazes us who considers us friends in this geocoin/geocaching community. We used to always beleive in the saying if you can count on one hand a true friend you consider your best friend and know you can confide in them with everything you say or do you are very lucky in life. Well just alone in geocaching we have lots of friends so this means the world to us. Outside of geocaching we dont have many friend, but we like it that way.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

Looks like the wishing coin will be at the GeoJamboree Event in CT this weekend WooHoo !!!..... B)

Hopefully I will have a chance to find one in a cache or trade with The Wishing Coin in person..... ;)

Hint: Site # 24 ;)

After caching all day at the Geojamboree on Sat. I decided to hit a couple of leftover caches near the campsites. I opened the last cache of the day and saw a plain envelope and inside was a Wishing Coin!!! What a great surprise!! :)

I love reading the stories of everyone who has received a Wishing Coin. ;)

I did attend the GeoJamboree this past weekend and I dropped coins in 5 of the park's caches. Congrats to Mark.B for being one of the lucky finders! Who picked up the other four coins? Post here and share your story. B)

~The Wishing Coin~

If no one claims the other four I'm heading there in the morning!! B)

Just kidding! I was lucky enough to get one and did not even have to work for it!

I have had mine right on my desk where I have been looking at it most of the day.

I just think it's cool to have a coin with a story behind how you obtained it.

I hope someday another mystery coin follows!

Sue

The Wishing Coin #126

Congratulations to yalehockeymom, sweetlife and Mark.B. Sounds like it was the event to attend!! ;)

Looking around my laptops there are a couple of loose coins... but none of them Wishing Coins... maybe later when I get home from work one of them will be? :o

Whoa, Steinwälzer, it's beautyfull there.

I must make sure to visit there, next time I'm in the area!!!

Any caches there?

It's lovely to read all those stories of finders of this absolutely marvelous coin! Congratulations to you all!

On Saturday, I saw yet another wishing well and I just had to stop and throw a penny into it. Well it was a 2 cent piece, actually. But according to Frank Sinatra: "I believe in wishing wells, don't tell the wish, or you break the spell. That's what I believe."

It's a chrismas song, which I was humming since I first saw this lovely wishing coin. Even in the June heatwave, we're having at the moment... Crazy I gess, but what can I do? Humming is a very unconcious thing, sometimes I hum for hours without realizing what song it is...

Wishing all receivers of this beautifull coin all the happiness they deserve!

Kind regards, ElliPirelli

Whoa, Steinwälzer, it's beautyfull there.

I must make sure to visit there, next time I'm in the area!!!

Any caches there?

Yes, a cache called "Geocoin Micro #3" :o There is a laminated copy of a geocoin inside the film canister for us geocoin addicted to discover ;) (a real coin wouldn't fit and wouldn't stay there for long...). A perfect place for a visit!

Congratulations to all who received or found one of those beautiful coins :o;):D:D

I promised to post some pictures of that wonderful Japanese garden in Bonn that I visited recently. Now, here are the pictures :D Unfortunately you can't see the Kois very well ;)

Koi_01.jpg

Koi_02.jpg

Koi_03.jpg

Koi_04.jpg

Koi_05.jpg

I wish that I could just step right into these pictures......what a beautiful, peaceful looking place. All the greens are so lush and fresh looking ....lovely seeing the koi there too.. :D

You don't see many Koi ponds in Ohio. Well, at least around me. I get to see them when I go for Japanese food. Yummy. Wish I was going for Japanese food right now :o

TMA

I know a Koi breeder in Ohio. I know they have visitors now and then to their koi ponds. But they will check you for forks, knives and wasabi before you can enter! ;)

Edited by rsfish1

Congrats YaleHockeymom, Ladybee, Sweetlife and all other wishes that came true...keep wishing everyone! You know what they say about wishing dont ya! :huh:

Boy I wonder how many times a day I wish for something??? Really though, I wish I was out playin, I wish I had more money, I wish I had some grub, I wish I wasnt at work...I wish I wish I wish!

Probably 10 times a day I wish for something. Maybe I take wishing for granted~I think ill try just to wish for the things that truley need to be wished for and use my wants for daily wishing :lol: ... :lol:

Congrats everyone! Keep on wishing! :huh:

Congrats to all new wishing coin owners out there. It is a beautiful coin.

I wish for nice weather next tuesday. We are hosting a minievent for a cacher from Belgium. He is coming to town to work and wanted to drop some trackables so of course we make an event for him.

Just hope the weather will be nice also.

grodan Karin

Well... it seems somebody loves me! :D I had been busy all day rushing around and wasn't expecting any coin mail,

so I was quite surprised when I returned home and found a yellow mailer in my mailbox. The return address made

me laugh, nice touch. Surprisingly, the place actually exists, nice. I opened it up and found coin #156 inside!

Wow! What a great looking gold coin! Many many thanks to my mystery coin giver! :D Cheers, Mal

First off - CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of the recipients.

For the rest of us . . . :ph34r:

"A dream is a wish your heart makes

When you're fast asleep

In dreams you lose your heartaches

Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday

Your rainbow will come smiling thru

No matter how your heart is grieving

If you keep on believing

the dream that you wish will come true"

I really LOVE this song from Cinderella ( HMmmmmm an Idea ;) )

Fairyhoney

I came across this poem today,

I wanna share my whish this way. :ph34r:

A wish we all share, me and you,

maybe some day this dream comes true. ;)

Now the above named poem:

My Wish

I wish that I could cause the sun

To warm the world with love

Remove the clouds a moment

To reveal the stars above

I wish that I could wipe that tear

From the corner of your eye

Bring happiness for your sorrow

Bring a smile for your sigh

I wish that I could better things

Put hope within your heart

Make today the best you've had

Right from its' very start

I wish that I were able

To make your dream come true

I wish I could - I wish I could

Do all these things for you

~© Mr. Doug, The Poet's Pen~

WooHoo !!! What a weekend....... :D Made the trip on Sat to the GPS Adventure Maze Event in Bridgeport,CT.with a bunch of friends and had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy and Shauna from Groundspeak and trading Jeremy for a Lackey Coin... :D

After spending a few hours at the event talking with Jeremy and Shauna, going through the maze and some coin trading we all hit a few caches around the Discovery Museum before heading back home. It was a hot and muggy day so I had left my windows in the truck open a little and when we returned to leave as I was opening my door I noticed a coin on the drivers seat and thought it may have fallen out of my caching bag earlier. When I picked it up I was shocked to see it was The Wishing Coin # 146 that somebody must have slipped through the small opening in the window that I left open. :)

Thank You to The Wishing Coin person who ever you are for leaving one of your great Mystery coins... :)

WooHoo !!! What a weekend....... :( Made the trip on Sat to the GPS Adventure Maze Event in Bridgeport,CT.with a bunch of friends and had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy and Shauna from Groundspeak and trading Jeremy for a Lackey Coin... :D

After spending a few hours at the event talking with Jeremy and Shauna, going through the maze and some coin trading we all hit a few caches around the Discovery Museum before heading back home. It was a hot and muggy day so I had left my windows in the truck open a little and when we returned to leave as I was opening my door I noticed a coin on the drivers seat and thought it may have fallen out of my caching bag earlier. When I picked it up I was shocked to see it was The Wishing Coin # 146 that somebody must have slipped through the small opening in the window that I left open. :D

Thank You to The Wishing Coin person who ever you are for leaving one of your great Mystery coins... :(

That's brilliant! I left my car window down as well, but noone sliped a lovely wishing coin onto my drivers seat... Probably parked at the wrong spot!

You're so lucky! Congratulations!

I'd love to go through a maze like that, can't they bring them over to Germany as well? It really sounds like fun!

Regards, ElliPirelli

I'm not much of a coupon shopper, but I am so happy that I took advantage of this offer!

We picked up this coupon in a cache near GW. I tucked it away for a few days as we got sidetracked by an illness in the family.

I finally pulled it out of the cache bag, read it carefully, and followed the instructions. I gathered the information needed, sent it to the address provided, and then waited hopefully to hear from the Wishing Coin.

Not long after, I found an envelope in the mail with a sparkling Wishing Coin inside! This coin is beautiful! Beautiful to look at and a beautiful sentiment on the back. Thank you so much! Thank you for your generosity and giving spirit! May all of your wishes come true!

bdbb14f1-1652-4d6a-9290-3f116c51150b.jpg

:D Thank You! :D

I'm not much of a coupon shopper, but I am so happy that I took advantage of this offer!

We picked up this coupon in a cache near GW. I tucked it away for a few days as we got sidetracked by an illness in the family.

I finally pulled it out of the cache bag, read it carefully, and followed the instructions. I gathered the information needed, sent it to the address provided, and then waited hopefully to hear from the Wishing Coin.

Not long after, I found an envelope in the mail with a sparkling Wishing Coin inside! This coin is beautiful! Beautiful to look at and a beautiful sentiment on the back. Thank you so much! Thank you for your generosity and giving spirit! May all of your wishes come true!

bdbb14f1-1652-4d6a-9290-3f116c51150b.jpg

:D Thank You! :D

Sorry to hear about the family illness hope everything is ok now :D

Congrats on you wishing coin may all your wishes come true :D