Ammonite Series Geocoins

Tethys C

Hiya, Tethys C! I snapped up a set of the bronze and the coins I traded to you for a set of coppers will go out today. Look for them in about a week (not sure how long it usually takes...) Beautiful coins - wait I said that before... Still - BEAUTIFUL COINS!!! :laughing: Some of my favorites! :D

CF30

Dang, I didn't know they all had their own icons or I would have tried harder to trade for all four designs at GW6! It was awesome meeting you, btw. :D -Marky

:laughing: Oh, Marky! I'm sooooo glad you posted! I almost sent off Tethy C's package with the wrong number of coins in it!!! :D Thanks for the save! Now, off to the P.O. B)

CF30

Dang, I didn't know they all had their own icons or I would have tried harder to trade for all four designs at GW6! It was awesome meeting you, btw. :anibad: -Marky

:laughing: Oh, Marky! I'm sooooo glad you posted! I almost sent off Tethy C's package with the wrong number of coins in it!!! :D Thanks for the save! Now, off to the P.O. :D

CF30

Did you have to take 3-4 out!!! B)

Sarah, I think we had agreed that there was the two coins and you could pick one other from the list to send me - that's fine. Thanks for the trade.

Still waiting on my set of copper ones but I expect to see them any day now!

So considering the success of the Ammonites it's time to start on you next project:

trilobite-fossil-422863-ga.jpgtrilobite.jpg400_Trilobite2334.jpg

Trilobites! :) Me favorite extinct buggies!

CF30

I've thought about doing trilobites myself. They would make really cool coins.

I was beginning to think I'd forgotten to order and missed these. But they arrived today!

Ammonites.jpg

Still waiting on my set of copper ones but I expect to see them any day now!

So considering the success of the Ammonites it's time to start on you next project:

trilobite-fossil-422863-ga.jpgtrilobite.jpg400_Trilobite2334.jpg

Trilobites! :) Me favorite extinct buggies!

CF30

Sarah - you're on to me. Guess I'd better state here and now that your pictures hit the fossil on the head so to speak. E-mails and other thoughts and ideas have already started to swirl between Landsharkz, myself and 'some others' regarding a trilobite coin - and possible follow ups.

C-side Girl's favorite fossils are also trilobites - so it was pretty much a given pending success with the ammonites.

I sure hope your coins get there very soon. They were sent the same day as Team Snorkasaurus' coins. I stand to wait a little longer as Can.Post seems to enjoy the scenic route.

Take care.

Edited by Tethys C

Oh, please, please if you make trilobites I would do anything for one. I have always wanted to do a personal coin of a Phacops Rana. I have quite a few fossil trilobites than I have personally dug up in upstate New York when I lived there.

Ah, good old Phacops rana - it seems like it was only yesterday.... ;)

Here in Calgary, we are lucky to live a couple hours drive (and then a couple hours hike!!) from the famed Burgess Shale.

You can only go up there with special guides now and NO collecting, but it is quite amazing.

Oh, please, please if you make trilobites I would do anything for one. I have always wanted to do a personal coin of a Phacops Rana. I have quite a few fossil trilobites than I have personally dug up in upstate New York when I lived there.

Ah, good old Phacops rana - it seems like it was only yesterday.... ;)

Here in Calgary, we are lucky to live a couple hours drive (and then a couple hours hike!!) from the famed Burgess Shale.

You can only go up there with special guides now and NO collecting, but it is quite amazing.

I did my senior paper for my geology degree on the Burgess Shale and presented to the entire college. I have all the books written on the Burgess Shale except one. I missed my chance to visit two years ago when are palentology group went up and most did the hike. It is on my to do list. Now I only get to dig mammoths and llamas and horses.

Copper :anitongue::

coins254cr.jpg

Bronze ;):

coins256cr.jpg

Both :D :

coins258cr.jpg

Enjoy! I am!!! ;)

CF30

Those are awesome pictures Sarah.... :D

and this is a plug for the ammonite coins.

I still have traders (Copper) and sets (Bronze + Silver) for sale/trade if anyone is interested.

Trade list below.

Happy Caching. :D

Copper :wub::

coins254cr.jpg

Bronze :wub::

coins256cr.jpg

Both :) :

coins258cr.jpg

Enjoy! I am!!! :laughing:

CF30

Those are awesome pictures Sarah.... :D

and this is a plug for the ammonite coins.

I still have traders (Copper) and sets (Bronze + Silver) for sale/trade if anyone is interested.

Trade list below.

Happy Caching. :)

Just gottta add my .02 here.

I only have one, but my goodness, this is one thick, heavy, gorgeous, well designed coin!

I absolutely love it, and had I the finances for it, you can bet your blue baby booties I'd have the entire set!

If you haven't gotten them yet, you're REALLY missing out!

Naomi :wub::laughing:

Are you really doing trilobites? I can tell you right now I will take a set. Trilobites would be my favorite fossil.

Yes - as much as I like ammonites - C-side Girl's favorite fossils are trilobites. Hoping to get things moving on this project over the next few months.