NEPAG Club Geocoin

fox-and-the-hound

Probably should have done this earlier, but here's the scoop on this one...

bothsides4homepage.jpg

iconidea1copy5.jpg

The local cachers of NEPAG got together and came up with a coin for our growing group of cachers. The coins are 1.75 inches, 3.5m thick, Translucent Hard enamels and multiple elevations throughout on polished nickel. They are trackable on geocaching.com with a custom icon. There were a total of 403 coins made of which all but 175 were custom engraved with our individual caching names. Of the 175 non-personalized, all but a couple dozen were purchased by club members for trades, release, etc. Of the remaining available coins, they will be available on Memorial Day weekend when we gather to celebrate and dispurse the coins to everyone in our group. The remaining available coins will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis for those attending.

I had not expected that we would initially generate enough interest to mint more than 150-200 and we've been happily surprised to be proven wrong so far. If all goes well, we may do another coin project in the future.

If you're interested in being the first to see them, we'll be meeting for our first official NEPAG Event Cache in a couple weeks in northeast PA (of course) to swap caching stories, meet new faces and just have a good time! You can find out more at our local nepageocachers.org website, too.

Thanks for all the interest and sorry for any temporary derailment of the mailbox thread. Just got a little excited after months of waiting ;)

- Hound

We'll be gathering at Frances Slocum State Park for the "The First Official NEPAG Cache Event" GC1BQZZ where we'll be handing them out from preorders, raffling some off and selling the few remaining ones first-come-first-served :D If I have any room left in the car, I'll have to bring some other trading coins, too :D

Really enjoyed your event last year "so much to say" in July. In fact that is where we really learned what we where doing with the 'geocache thing' ! Wish we could attend this event, but we will be heading on vacation.

If anyone has a coin for trade please let me know.

backhiker "Lehigh Valley Geocachers"

Edited by backhiker