Need help with PQ in New Zealand

Hello~ We'll be visiting NZ in September and I was wondering if anyone can give me some help with running Pocket Queries. In the US I use the zip code of the place I'll be visiting but I don't think New Zealand has zip codes so I was wondering if someone could give me an idea on how they set up their PQ for a specific area such as Auckland. Thanks for any help you can give me and we're looking forward to visiting your beautiful country.

Sierra Tomb Raiders

Hello~ We'll be visiting NZ in September and I was wondering if anyone can give me some help with running Pocket Queries. In the US I use the zip code of the place I'll be visiting but I don't think New Zealand has zip codes so I was wondering if someone could give me an idea on how they set up their PQ for a specific area such as Auckland. Thanks for any help you can give me and we're looking forward to visiting your beautiful country.

Sierra Tomb Raiders

Hi,

Thats right the Geocaching sites doesn't support New Zealand post codes.

To get most of Auckland create a PQ from S 36°52.971 E 174°45.259, and set its distance in km to 30.

This PQ would cover all of Auckland.

You can also seach for caches by addresses in New Zealand, for example your hotel address.

Hope that helps....Gary

Sierra Tomb Raiders

Hi,

Thats right the Geocaching sites doesn't support New Zealand post codes.

To get most of Auckland create a PQ from S 36°52.971 E 174°45.259, and set its distance in km to 30.

This PQ would cover all of Auckland.

You can also seach for caches by addresses in New Zealand, for example your hotel address.

Hope that helps....Gary

Thanks Gary, I'll give it a try and see how it comes out.

Or do a PQ using the cache GC number - You should be able to view these in the google map links.

Then do searchers around the cities that you are visiting.

Hope this helps

Cam

Ok, I just combined both of your suggestions and came up with a great way to run my PQ's. I took the GC # of a cache near our hotel and went out 30 km and voila... I got my PQ! Thanks so much for your help and hope to meet some of you guys while we're exploring your great country. Any suggestions for some of your favorite caches would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Sierra Tomb Raiders