Could use advise on ordering my first custom geocoins

GeoKestrel

Hi Gang,

I browsed the forums and did not see anything that could help me, so here I am asking for help.

I would like to get my own geocoin. I would like it to be trackable on this site, and have idea's on the design. When I go to the different websites, there just seems to be so many different charges and options. Since I am new at this, I am not real sure about some of the stuff.

Can anyone recommend a company that makes the coins....and does so in an EASY process and without spending $ 500 bucks or more???

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

If you are making your own coin and they are trackable, you will be spending more than 500.00

I didn't know that...Thanks for the info....

I was initially thinking about the micro geocoins...I actually like them...I guess I will have to come up with another sig item...

Thanks again

If I wanted to mint 100 geocoins for under $500 I'd contact all the vendours and coin makers listed on the Geocoin Home page and see what options were available. Some of them make pathtags, coin tags or geotags which may be the solution to your financial restrictions.

Be advised that it is frowned on to promote one vendour or coin maker over another here on the forums.

If I wanted to mint 100 geocoins for under $500 I'd contact all the vendours and coin makers listed on the Geocoin Home page and see what options were available. Some of them make pathtags, coin tags or geotags which may be the solution to your financial restrictions.

Be advised that it is frowned on to promote one vendour or coin maker over another here on the forums.

Thanks for the info...I am going to re-examine the pathtags and try to figure out what the geotags are..

If you are doing it just for the fun of it, and not as a way to make money, you can always check out some minter's presale programs. It is still a gamble, but most are honest in telling you if they think they will sell well enough or not to pay off the cost of minting.