Send to GPS Plug In

Hi like all the rest I am new and feeling mistreated by my new toy. I don't like it when a machine is smarter then me.

I have been on here for a few weeks and finally got my Vista HCx in today. I got on geocaching.com and loaded the plug in and then sent one cache to my GPS just fine but now all the others times is says plug in not detected...

Corrections tried:

Reinstalling plug in

Unplugging and replugging GPS.

Turning off all forms of equipment...GPS computer...etc.

4 letter words...

Nothing works.

Downloaded EasyGPS and that works with the the LOC files....

What is the deal?

Thanks

EMT

Grr still not working...suppestions?

EMT

I had that problem, too. Very frustrating. Googling showed that doing the following in Firefox...

Tools > Clear Private Data

...before each transfer was the charm. That has been working for me.

I have the same problem with using FireFox 2.x on Mac OS X 10.5.2.

What I did to solve it is when attempting to do the second download to the GPS and it tells me it can't find the plug-in I make sure the pop-up window is still the active window and hit the F5 key which causes that window to refresh and then it can find the plug in. Then just click the button to send the second waypoint to the GPS.

Seems silly to have to do that though.

The bug is on every firefox + mac machine I've tried it on. The only solution I know is to use Safari. I realize you hate ads as do I, but you can try using privoxy on mac if you want to get rid of the ads. I just keep hitting the refresh button in FF. I'll eventually get privoxy set up so I can tell the browser to use it as a local proxy so I can remove ads and other junk from my viewing pleasure.