Anyone want to do a geocaching program?

The Herd

Greetings,

A friend called today that works as an educator for the Hendrick's County Parks. She is putting together a series of programs for Saturday, June 7. This is National Trails Day. They will have hikes and activities looking for birds, flowers, natural sights, and more. They are looking for an experienced geocacher that may be willing to do an hour program/walk on what geocaching is. They have geocaches on property and are wanting to put out some geocaches for folks to try the day of.

Would anyone be interested in promoting geocaching in the county park here? Hendrick's County is the county immediately west of Indianapolis. So, there may be interested folks in Indy, Bloomington, or even Lafayette that would be avalable. Even, god forbid, IlliNOISE cachers that could pull it off!

If you are interested you can contact me, or get a hold of the gal directly at:

Haley Samuelson-Couchman at 765-676-5437 or hscouchman@hcparks.net

Thanks

;)

I'll send an email to Haley - I believe I spoke with her and another gentleman that works for the HC Parks when I attended the Hendricks County CITO event last month. I saw the upcoming program on the parks brochure and wondered who was helping her.

Thanks for the heads up!

~NM~

As an update, several of us are putting our heads together on this one and have gotten an event page published:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a2-9bcfdbf57266

We encourage experienced cachers to come out to add to the discussion and do some trail demonstrations on some temporary caches we'll be placing, there are also 5 permanent caches in the park and we hope to have a new permanent one the day of the event. New cachers are also encouraged to get some of the questions answered and meet and be mentored by others.

I visited McCloud Nature Park for the first time yesterday to scout it out, it is a really beautiful park and the park workers are very happy to have us there. It's nice to be welcomed in this way, hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

-Kay