Legend HCx not accepting geocaches?

I bought my first GPSr (Legend HCx) four months ago for the sole purpose of geocaching. It has been working great up until last weekend. I was in the process of downloading several geocaches individually, when the GPSr stopped accepting them. The process I have always used to download is to go to the desired cache page at geocaching.com and hit Send to GPS. The little box pops up saying it is searching for my GPSr, then finds it, then I hit Write, and finally I get a message saying Geocache Saved Successfully. All of this still occurs, including the Geocache Saved Successfully part, but the cache does not show up in my GPSr as a geocache or waypoint. I reloaded my GPSr software from Garmin.com and it says it is up to date. Any thoughts on what happened or how to fix it? Thanks!!

Welcome to the Forums! ;)

How many waypoints do you have in the GPSr? Could you have reached its limit?

Have you tried using EasyGPS or GSAK to send waypoints to the GPS unit instead of using the "Send to GPS" button?

I only have about 60 waypoints and believe it will hold 1000. I have only used "Send to GPS" as I don't know how to use the others and it has always worked fine. Not as technologically advanced as most.

Have you tried using EasyGPS or GSAK to send waypoints to the GPS unit instead of using the "Send to GPS" button?

I only have about 60 waypoints and believe it will hold 1000. I have only used "Send to GPS" as I don't know how to use the others and it has always worked fine. Not as technologically advanced as most.

If they aren't near your location they won't show up. Try the "find by name" option. They will be there.

If they aren't near your location they won't show up. Try the "find by name" option. They will be there.

You are correct. They show up under "find by name." Why? So whats the best way to download caches? I like to be able to find them by distance. Thanks!!

That is an excellent link. Thank you soooo much. Why the #!@% doesn't Garmin tell me any of this? I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes and they couldn't figure our my "problem." They were very nice people, but shouldn't they be able to tell me that. Thanks again.

Howdy.....

I just took a look at the link....IT'S GONNA HELP ME A LOT!

THANKX!

Vern / Foothills Drifter... ;)