Correct part number for City Navigator NA NT 2009

Hello,

Can someone tell me what the correct part number is for the City Navigator NA NT 2009 DVD? I have a Vista HCx so I'm NOT talking about the update, I'm talking about the full installation. Garmin's website doesn't mention a version number and I want to make sure the one they list truly is NT 2009.

Thanks,

-Chris

City Navigator NA NT 2009 #010-10816-01

Good to see they finially changed the part number. Be very careful when trying to buy specific versions of City Navigator NA NT. Here's an example.

City Navigator NA NT v.8 #010-10816-00

City Navigator NA NT 2008 #010-10816-00

Yep, same part number.

I called Garmin a few days ago and asked when the CN NA NT 2009 full DVD would be out since I could not find one for sale. They told me that it was not out yet and they, did not know when it would come out but the CN NA NT 2009 update was out. I told them that I needed a 2009 full version DVD. They told me to buy a CN NA NT 2008 version and when I went to "My Garmin" I would be able to download the CN NA NT 2009 update free of charge. Thats what they said a couple of days ago. Sli23sli

I called Garmin a few days ago and asked when the CN NA NT 2009 full DVD would be out since I could not find one for sale. They told me that it was not out yet and they, did not know when it would come out but the CN NA NT 2009 update was out. I told them that I needed a 2009 full version DVD. They told me to buy a CN NA NT 2008 version and when I went to "My Garmin" I would be able to download the CN NA NT 2009 update free of charge. Thats what they said a couple of days ago. Sli23sli

I didn't see anywhere you could download the update in MyGarmin

To check upgrade availability you can use this link:

https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/unlock/unlockHome.htm

You'll need to be logged into myGarmin and if you have multiple GPSs you'll have to have the correct one selected in the drop down.

Like XopherN71 even when I went to this page it showed I had to purchase the upgrade even though the activation date for 2008 on my 400t was in early March. I called and they are sending the update via DVD.

GO$Rs

I just received my Map Update 2009 DVD direct from Garmin in the mail today.

The packing had the following written on it:

Map Update 2009

North America

010-10989-51

I also found this on gpscity.com

PART NUMBER 010-10989-51: Garmin has confirmed that part number 010-10989-51 for the City Navigator North America 2009 Update is exacting the same DVD as the one on this page with part number 010-10989-01. The reason for the slight different in the part number is due to the packaging. The City Navigator North America 2009 Update DVD that we ship is on a plastic clamp shell packaging. The DVD that ships from Garmin is in "web packaging" which means it is just the DVD in it's case.

- Garmin City Navigator North America 2009 Update 010-10989-01 description on Garmin.com

- Garmin City Navigator North America 2009 Update 010-10989-51 description on Garmin.com

GO$Rs

So as I understand it, from this thread, if I buy the 2008 City Navigator NT software I can get the 2009 NT update for free? No one has posted that they've recieved it from a download, but if I call Garmin they will send the update DVD for free? What info will Garmin need from me to send me the update DVD?

Sorry if this is rehash but I want to be clear before I spend $100 on last years software.

Edited by Camping Kris

So as I understand it, from this thread, if I buy the 2008 City Navigator NT software I can get the 2009 NT update for free? No one has posted that they've recieved it from a download, but if I call Garmin they will send the update DVD for free? What info will Garmin need from me to send me the update DVD?

I received the update by download. It's 2 gig, so it takes a fast connection. The free update is supposed to appear on your myGarmin page after you unlock the 2008 version. You click on a link and are offered an option to choose the download or the DVD. If you choose the DVD, there is a $10 shipping and handling charge, and they said it would be shipped in 4 to 6 weeks, IIRC. Oh, and you only have 30 days to order the free upgrade, or you have to buy it. :D I presume this is 30 days from when the link appears on your myGarmin page, but I don’t have any information to support that.

I downloaded it at work where there is a fast connection, copied the file to a 4 gig SD card, took it home and installed it on my computer there. Had some problems with the install, but I don't think they were related to installing it to a different computer than the one I downloaded to. A call to Garmin tech support provided a workaround that complete the install successfully.

As you can see from previous posts in this thread, the free update doesn't always appear when it should; but it seems that a call to Garmin corrects that problem.

When I called about 3 weeks ago, they told me that it will have the same part number. They don't change it from year to year.

When I tried to order a few days ago the rep looked up the new info and this is what she gave me: City Navigator NA NT 2009 #010-10816-01. This is the full version; however, it is not out yet...

Not so. I just ordered the CN nt 2009 SD card full coverage and got comfirmation that it shipped today. they make the SD cards on order using the full version of the software which she also told me was available to ship today. but i chose the card instead.

Thats good to know, because two day ago it was NOT avail. I will call them in the morning for the full version on DVD.

I just received my Map Update 2009 DVD direct from Garmin in the mail today.

The packing had the following written on it:

Map Update 2009

North America

010-10989-51

I also found this on gpscity.com

PART NUMBER 010-10989-51: Garmin has confirmed that part number 010-10989-51 for the City Navigator North America 2009 Update is exacting the same DVD as the one on this page with part number 010-10989-01. The reason for the slight different in the part number is due to the packaging. The City Navigator North America 2009 Update DVD that we ship is on a plastic clamp shell packaging. The DVD that ships from Garmin is in "web packaging" which means it is just the DVD in it's case.

- Garmin City Navigator North America 2009 Update 010-10989-01 description on Garmin.com

- Garmin City Navigator North America 2009 Update 010-10989-51 description on Garmin.com

GO$Rs

You of all here should know better.

You have stripped of NT from your post.

non-NT version of City Navigator North America is NOT out for long yet.

Please edit your post and write:

City Navigator North America NT 2009

and not

City Navigator North America 2009

This partnumber "010-10989-51" is for

City Navigator North America NT 2009

I bought my copy of CN North Amercian NT 2008 in March.Garmin say any purchases after March 01 gets a free upgrade. I ordered my free upgrade from Garmin last week...on fee is the $10.00 shipping charge. If you want you can instead download it for free if you have good broadband (it's over 3gigs). Steve :huh: