Don't forget to stop and smell the roses!

UOTrackers

How often are you out after the find and forget to take pleasure in the location? I know I've done this, it's easy with a cranky toddler to just want to get it and get out, but there are just too many lovely places to overlook! I was thinking about this one day last year while we were out caching, without Bella. I had my camera so I took a LOT of pictures. When I got home the old saying planted itself in my head and wouldn't let go...and this is what I did with it!

smell-rose-orng-blk-6h.gif

smell-rose-yell-blk-6h.gif

From what I understand the pre-sales of these coins will start either on May 9th or 10th. There are other pictures of them here. I haven't seen them in person yet, but the pictures look fantastic! I hope you like them!

While I'm a big fan of roses (the alluring scent, the delicately soft touch of the petals on a ripening bud and the various shades of multi-hued flowers), these coins do not do a rose justice in my mind. ;)

I guess it is mostly the back side of the flowers that grates upon my senses so profoundly...when have such atrociously vibrant colors ever been seen on the leaves underneath a beautiful rose bud? :D:D:D

If you'd have stuck solely to the differences between the petals of the numerous varieties of roses currently in vogue, you would likely have had a buyer in me. But once you decided that roses had purple, blue and orange leaves while in bloom, you totally lost me as a buyer. :o

Um...I could be wrong, but aren't those butterflies on the back of the flower?

I think they are very cute. And being from the City of Roses, I will have to have some. :o

They Do appear to look like butterflies to my eyes, also. They sure are VERY nice looking coins.

I think these are beautiful and put a fun artistic spin on the rose. I do see the 11 roses total on the front, i like how the other 10 cleverly blend in. Plus I am a big fan of butterflies, so having those on the back is neat. My only dilemma is which color do i get? I cant wait to see samples of these.

Edited by dark_onyx1982

Um...I could be wrong, but aren't those butterflies on the back of the flower?

I think they are very cute. And being from the City of Roses, I will have to have some. ;)

They Do appear to look like butterflies to my eyes, also. They sure are VERY nice looking coins.

yup butterflies :D

My understanding is that the AE's will cost $15. Id didn't see the price for the RE's anywhere (I'll guess we'll have to wait until coins&pins starts selling them).

GREAT looking coin, but I can't afford the $15.

Do you have the size of these? I'm just trying to figure out why the price? Is this with shipping?

Nice looking coin, hope to find a trade some time in the near future?

My understanding is that the AE's will cost $15. Id didn't see the price for the RE's anywhere (I'll guess we'll have to wait until coins&pins starts selling them).

GREAT looking coin, but I can't afford the $15.

Do you have the size of these? I'm just trying to figure out why the price? Is this with shipping?

Nice looking coin, hope to find a trade some time in the near future?

Yep, my AE's (if enough sell) will be $15.00.

While I'm a big fan of roses (the alluring scent, the delicately soft touch of the petals on a ripening bud and the various shades of multi-hued flowers), these coins do not do a rose justice in my mind. :D

I guess it is mostly the back side of the flowers that grates upon my senses so profoundly...when have such atrociously vibrant colors ever been seen on the leaves underneath a beautiful rose bud? ;):D:D

If you'd have stuck solely to the differences between the petals of the numerous varieties of roses currently in vogue, you would likely have had a buyer in me. But once you decided that roses had purple, blue and orange leaves while in bloom, you totally lost me as a buyer. :D

I'm sorry you don't like them. This is my first time working with translucent colors in such a large amount. They are indeed butterflies on the back side. Maybe the art does it better justice? I haven't yet seen them in person either. The orange one was actually supposed to be pink, but again I"m not all that familiar with translucents and I was never shown a sample coin. This is my first time working with Coins and Pins too. Anyway, here's my original art...

WW_CP_Pinkrose_back0805.jpg

WW_CP_Yellowrose_back0805.jpg

Those translucents can really be tricky if you're not used to them, even if you are used to them they can throw you for a loop!

I was really not so thrilled with the colors that the runestone ended up, the translucents just didn't look the same on the coin as I had imagined!

I think your rose is really sweet ;). Love the flutterbies on back :D

Naomi :D

While I'm a big fan of roses (the alluring scent, the delicately soft touch of the petals on a ripening bud and the various shades of multi-hued flowers), these coins do not do a rose justice in my mind. ;)

I guess it is mostly the back side of the flowers that grates upon my senses so profoundly...when have such atrociously vibrant colors ever been seen on the leaves underneath a beautiful rose bud? ;):huh::o

If you'd have stuck solely to the differences between the petals of the numerous varieties of roses currently in vogue, you would likely have had a buyer in me. But once you decided that roses had purple, blue and orange leaves while in bloom, you totally lost me as a buyer. :(

I'm sorry you don't like them. This is my first time working with translucent colors in such a large amount. They are indeed butterflies on the back side. Maybe the art does it better justice? I haven't yet seen them in person either. The orange one was actually supposed to be pink, but again I"m not all that familiar with translucents and I was never shown a sample coin. This is my first time working with Coins and Pins too. Anyway, here's my original art...

Whoops, my bad, I was solely focusing on them as flowers and didn't realize they were butterflies on the back! :o

Now it makes a heck of a lot more sense, and does look like a cool coin, just my first knee-jerk reaction was "ack using wild color just for the sake of more colors!", which turned out to be waaay off base. Sorry for the unwarranted negative comments on my part. :(

While I'm a big fan of roses (the alluring scent, the delicately soft touch of the petals on a ripening bud and the various shades of multi-hued flowers), these coins do not do a rose justice in my mind. :huh:

I guess it is mostly the back side of the flowers that grates upon my senses so profoundly...when have such atrociously vibrant colors ever been seen on the leaves underneath a beautiful rose bud? ;):o:o

If you'd have stuck solely to the differences between the petals of the numerous varieties of roses currently in vogue, you would likely have had a buyer in me. But once you decided that roses had purple, blue and orange leaves while in bloom, you totally lost me as a buyer. :(

Whoops, my bad, I was solely focusing on them as flowers and didn't realize they were butterflies on the back! :(

Now it makes a heck of a lot more sense, and does look like a cool coin, just my first knee-jerk reaction was "ack using wild color just for the sake of more colors!", which turned out to be waaay off base. Sorry for the unwarranted negative comments on my part. ;)

It's ok, no need to appologize. Actually it makes the coin a little cooler because if you stop to smell the roses you might just realize it has butterflies on it! Well it sounded good anyway. I'm glad you like it now!

Just loved the roses, and have placed my order, had to show HWML1 to get permission, but he said they looked nice so a few more coins heading to oz for my collection. Which is growing, err... I think I need the 12 step program, well my mastercard is telling me that :D We like to add a coin that is not activated to new caches as a surprise, don't always say it is there, just something fot the FTF. We always try to put in something special for FTF, the caches get found real quick round these parts. It's all good fun.

Cheers

Gayle & Mark