Protocol for keeping Jeep TB's

TJdamon

I just recently went to a event that had alot of Jeep TB's there and I was wondering how long you all think that people should keep these in there possession. I know there were atleast 2 there that had not been logged since 2006, and there were many more that people had together for you to "Discover", I thought "Jeep" put these out to travel and not to keep.

I just recently went to a event that had alot of Jeep TB's there and I was wondering how long you all think that people should keep these in there possession. I know there were atleast 2 there that had not been logged since 2006, and there were many more that people had together for you to "Discover", I thought "Jeep" put these out to travel and not to keep.

I treat them like every other TB. Some people just don't care.

Some people have the erroneous belief that the Jeep TB's aren't actually owned by anyone. Just because it is a company that owns them instead of an individual cacher is no reason to STEAL it. The original contests they were created for may be over with but they still have owners and are still supposed to be traveling.

The proper protocol is to grab the Jeep, and move it to another cache in a timely manner for others to have a chance to move it. If a current contest were running, you might want to take time to photograph the Jeep with the theme of the contest, before placing it in another cache. Those who hold on to them are not playing fair. They are not meant to be kept. Those that agree to just discover a Jeep from someone who is holding it, rather than tell the person to let it go, are enabling the hoarder. It might be better to refuse the discovery and tell them you'd much rather find it in a cache, then to discover it and help them feel right about keeping it to themselves. Jeep owns the TBs.

i see quite a few caches near my location that the inventory of a cache lists jeeps, and they are not even there...i keep getting bummed as i am all excited to go find a jeep as it says in the inventory, but it's not there!

Edited by jsaradhi

Oh snap! That just reminded me that I picked one up a few months ago and forgot all about it.

I need to go take that out of my pack and plan to drop it up near GW6 in just over a week.

If nothing else this thread reminded me to move the one that I have in my posession.

(Runs to hide in shame.... :D )

Whats the dealio? I just swappe one for another TB why are they so famous?

These jeep bugs are issued once a year as part of a photo contest (US only). When a new contest starts you can request to try to be issued one of a set number of jeeps.

Fun photos, international angst, new icon for your stat page.

Whats the dealio? I just swappe one for another TB why are they so famous?

These jeep bugs are issued once a year as part of a photo contest (US only). When a new contest starts you can request to try to be issued one of a set number of jeeps.

Fun photos, international angst, new icon for your stat page.

I was a bit perturbed when mine went missing into Canada. Oh well...I figure someone really had a burning desire to own a small red Jeep.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...ee-75b68698dc20