Cache Reward Coins

fox-and-the-hound

Has anyone ever made a coin available only as proof of caches accomplished? I know the Ape caches were kind like that, where you could get one of the LEs by completing at least one ape cache. Is there a coin available only as an award for accomplishing a series of caches yet?

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

I think the Delorme Cache Challenge could fall under that category. THere is a coin only for someone who finished a state.

Also how about the cachingcoins adventure quests? Would you think they fall under that idea?

Just some thoughts.

I think the Delorme Cache Challenge could fall under that category. THere is a coin only for someone who finished a state.

Also how about the cachingcoins adventure quests? Would you think they fall under that idea?

Just some thoughts.

Ooh! Delorme is definitely the kind of thing I was thinking along the lines of, thanks! I don't konw the adventure quest coins though. Time to do some more homework :lol:

I'm sorry, I should have clarified a bit. Does anyone know if there is a personal coin that is a reward coin?

The CSI series had a coin for the first 25 cachers to complete it. There was a second coin for the first 75. If you were one of the first 25 you received a copper and a Gold Abomination coin and a autographed copy of the book.

I think there are still some coins available in the first 75 group.Swan Song

Edited by TeamEccs21

Let me think... in New Jersey, there was a reward coin for the first 100 finders to go back to Gerbil Cache (first in the state) after its birthday in winter 2006; there was also a reward coin for the first 50/100 finders of the Tour De Cache (all-counties) Challenge, which I believe is still active; and of course there's the AGT in Pennsylvania.

Wow! I had not realized how many of these outstandingly generous prize coins there are :P We're working on something now and wondering how validation of finds was handled. I'll definitely do some homework on these examples and thanks for the help! :P

We put coupons in the cache and people had to take their picture at the cache with their coupon. Then they mailed in their coupons.

Wow! I had not realized how many of these outstandingly generous prize coins there are :P We're working on something now and wondering how validation of finds was handled. I'll definitely do some homework on these examples and thanks for the help! :P

We put coupons in the cache and people had to take their picture at the cache with their coupon. Then they mailed in their coupons.

Both the coins I was involved in were mentioned, the Cache Mission 7 coin and the First Cache in New Jersey. The other coin in our area was the Tour De Cache (getting a cache in each county in New Jersey).

That's an idea that might work! We could do a different symbol/coupon/marker at each cache and require a picture of the cacher with each one. Thanks :P