GPS Rentals?

k0kdr

I'm a leader for my son's Webelos patrol and would like to set up an activity this summer with our whole Cub Scout pack doing something like a orienteering-type course using gpsr's. Not many of our cub parents have handheld units, and I was wondering if anyone knew where they can be rented. I've found the online rental places, of course, but would prefer someplace local (Saint Paul / Minneapolis area) to save some of our pack's money. I'd be looking for 4-5 units for a couple of days. Any ideas?

I learned today about the Minnesota State Parks Geocaching History Challenge going on this summer. Selected state parks have geocaches placed with a collectible history card and other normal trinkets. I guess if someone finds all the geocaches in a state park district, they can show the collected history cards at the park office and get a medallion. The best part is that they will have gps units to use at no charge. I'll be talking with the park closest to me (Fort Snelling) to see if they can help me out...