searching with google maps

novw.nl

I stumbled upon this. It used to work:

I select "hide and seek a cache", "search with google maps". I get the standard location Green Lake Park. When I now click a cache I get a popup with some cache details:

20080505-01-search.jpg

Now on the right side, I type "amsterdam, the netherlands", to go to another part of the world. I click a cache. I see a litle black box "requesting cache desription"

20080505-02-search.jpg

followed by a litle black box "parsing cache description", and hey... NO popup ?

20080505-03-search.jpg

When I click on the actual name of the cache on the right side of the screen, I get nothing. When I open the link in a new window (or tab), I get the correct cache description page.

This is frustrating ! I use this popup option a lot to filter cache sizes. In the popup I can instantly spot if we are talking nano / micro or any other size.

I tried explorer (6.0.2900.2180) and firefox (2.0.0.14). Both refuse to popup. I did not change my popup options since yesterday ? And the strangest thing is that on green lake park it is working. Any suggestions by anybody ?

There is something going on like that today. I was experiencing it a little earlier, but haven't been able to repeat it. I don't think it has anything to do with going to another part of the world, but more about opening one cache page, followed by another.

I'll add to this. I have the same problem. I can get three or four caches to pop up like normal, but then it does the same thing the OP noticed.

Also, it appears to be cross-platform - that is, I have the same issue on Firefox and Opera. I haven't tried it on MSIE, since I don't use it.

And here I thought it was just me...

I am having the same problem and it is frustrating. I am, however, able to right click on the cache name in the area to the right of the screen and then click on "open" to get the cache page up. Then if I click on the cache page map when done, I can get the popup window to work again until I move the map around. This just started acting up Sunday and I hope they can fix it because it does look to be a site problem.

Does anyone know how this problem will get fixed? Is there another means for notifying Groundspeak? I e mailed them a couple days ago but no response. I am using IE 7.0, Windows XP and tried two different PC's and both accounts. Same thing everywhere. I just became a premium member too and the next thing I know is stuff that worked no longer works. Go figure!

Does anyone know how this problem will get fixed? Is there another means for notifying Groundspeak? I e mailed them a couple days ago but no response. I am using IE 7.0, Windows XP and tried two different PC's and both accounts. Same thing everywhere. I just became a premium member too and the next thing I know is stuff that worked no longer works. Go figure!

what cache did you click on? I'm clicking on those cache icons in Amsterdam and it's working for me.

For me, I start by clicking on 'map it' from my account page. Next step is to zoom out so it's easier to scroll. Then, I scroll from the Grand Rapids MI area (west side) to the Detroit area (east side of state). Zoom in, and start clicking on caches. Open a cache, download the .gpx and put it into GSAK, then back to the map. After five to ten (or so) caches, it stops participating. It's not always the same file.

Of course, now that I'm trying to re-create the problem, the problem has vanished (ain't that always the way?).

I'll keep an eye, as I'm trying to set up my next RoadTrip.