Colorado 400t not updating new route quick enough.

I have the Colorado 400T, and I know this issue has been addressed somehow all over this forum, but I have not read anything about my problem. Take a look at this picture The blue arrow is where I am actually driving, however, the Colorado "thinks" that I am still on the freeway! It take forever to update my new route.

I contacted Garmin about this problem, they told me to disable the TOPO map which I did, that improve my issue a little bit, but still happening. The same happens on the street specially the first time I deviated from a route. I have NT 2009 and the Beta 2.51 code loaded.

On top of that, I have all the problems addressed on this forum, here are the most annoying to me:

1) Barometer does not work when POWER is off.

2) Jumping around infrequently and unpredictably.

I have the Etrex Vista HCx as well, and this baby updates the route very quick!

Based on the picture you posted it looks like you are running parallel to your current route. From my experience the CO has to be about .25 miles away from your route in order to recognize you are off route and recalculate. I don't think there is anyway to change this sensitivity.

Is your barometer set to record when turned off? If it is, and you are still having this problem, you might be having the issue many have seen with the Colorado not operating properly when powered off -- talk to Garmin about a return.

As for jumping around make sure your compass is turned off.

GO$Rs

I see the same routing issue on the highway when the Colorado routes me one way and I take the known better route. One exit in particular has an elevated ramp that parallels the highway for probably 1/2 mile before it turns 90 degrees and goes down to the intersecting highway.

If I continue straight and don't take the exit, it still shows me on the ramp and doesn't re-route until I am a good distance away from the 90-degree section of ramp. On city streets, the re-routing may take 1/10 mile turning off a road with a 45 MPH speed limit onto a neighborhood street. On surface streets with a 30 MPH limit it seems to re-route within 100-150 feet of passing the intersection it wants me to turn at.

Still haven't figured out if its a speed, distance or speed limit algorithm Garmin uses to decide when to re-route. In any case, its not perfect -- but I have not used any other brand or type of GPS with routing to compare it to.

On the city streets it does a good job of routing you to a cache, with the exception of trying to use private roads in apartment complexes if they take you closer to the cache than a city street. I'm thinking named mapped apartment complex roads are treated the same as real roads.