What happened ?

Not been on the forums for a while, but it's obvious been some upset has happened.

But, there are now so many threads discussing it, making suggestions about what to do about it etc... etc... I can't see what happened originally (woods/trees springs to mind here maybe) and I don't have the time, or inclination, to plough my way through them all.

In a nutshell, two of our esteemed reviewers have had to throw the towel in due to differences of opinions with Groundspeak. This is due to a number of reasons none of which I am qualified to explain fuly but the thing that hit the nail on the head was Groundspeak coming into the forums and closing some threads after being asked not to do so my our moderators.

Ever since then it has been a daily mud slinging match which unfortunatley I can't see either side benefiting from. At the moment we are down to one reviewer (of caches and the forum - deci) and he is snowed under at present whilst he and the powers that be try to find replacements for the two that left.

Tempers are heated and things look grim - in the short term at least.

Edited - spelling

Edited by studlyone

In a niell, two of our esteened reviewers have had to throw the towel in due to differences of opinions with Groundspeak. This is due to a number of reasons none of which I am qualified to explain fuly but the thing that hit the nail on the head was Groundspeak coming into the forums and closing some threads after being asked not to do so my our moderators.

Ever since then it has been a daily mud slinging match which unfortunatley I can't see either side benefiting from. At the moment we are down to one reviewer (of caches and the forum - deci) and he is snowed under at present whilst he and the powers that be try to find replacements for the two that left.

Tempers are heated and things look grim - in the short term at least.

Thanks for the response - we seem to have cross posted.