Once again a translation to check, please help

Hi all again,

I've just placed one more brand new geocache. As usual, I'm asking your help to correct my translation of the description. Thank you.

If you like Tuscany panoramas, then you can't stay without climbing up to the top of Monte Voltraio.

The hike is hard and dangerous, but the breathtaking views and sense of peace and harmony will be a good prize for this challenge.

Only few informations about this striking relief survived until present times. Monte Voltraio, also known as Fortress Hillock, rises at few kilometers from the town of Volterra, at 458 meters over sea-level. There was in the past an ancient medieval village, of which at present times we still can see some ruins, outpost of Volterra thanks to it's strategic sight over Era Valley and Cecina Valley. From it's summit, in fact, you can admire all the surrounding hollow and the beautiful medieval building of Casale di Rocca, now abandoned. The importance of this castle is reported since year 967, when it was home of a council that emperor Otto I participated. Various documents referred to following centuries supports the high reputation of the village, because of the influence of its consoles on the wrangles between the municipality and the bishop of Volterra and even on the wars between San Gimignano and Volterra.

Legend says that behind Monte Voltraio a golden hen with twelve golden chicks is hiding. This is a very ancient legend, handed down from generation to generation, dated back even to the Etruscan age, as an expression of the Etruscan confederation and its twelve towns.

To reach this cache drive on the SR68 from Colle di val d'Elsa to Volterra (or vice versa). When near to Volterra, turn right (left, if you come from Volterra) following the sign to Pontedera, then, after few hundreds of meters, turn right again toward Palagione. At the waypoint marked as "Parking" you will find a very small space for just one car. Leave your car and keep going on foot inside the woods following the dirt road, that will soon become a footpath and then a dry stream bed. When you'll be near the summit, the path will become larger again. On your trail, you'll find some forks: usually, the steepest path is the right one, but, if you are in doubt, just trust your GPS unit. First of all, reach the "Sceniv View" waypoint, then proceed to the cache from there. The cache is a plastic container with blue lid inside a whit bag, please hide it well again after logging your visit, because hikers are usual to visit the area sometimes.

Good hunting!

WARNING!!! Ruins are unstable, path is occasionally steep and craggy, and the top of the hill may be subject to landslides. Use gumption and proceed at your own risk.

Hi all again,

I've just placed one more brand new geocache. As usual, I'm asking your help to correct my translation of the description. Thank you.

If you like Tuscany panoramas, then you can't stay without climbing up to the top of Monte Voltraio.

The hike is hard and dangerous, but the breathtaking views and sense of peace and harmony will be a good prize for this challenge.

Only few informations about this striking relief survived until present times. Monte Voltraio, also known as Fortress Hillock, rises at few kilometers from the town of Volterra, at 458 meters over sea-level. There was in the past an ancient medieval village, of which at present times we still can see some ruins, outpost of Volterra thanks to it's strategic sight over Era Valley and Cecina Valley. From it's summit, in fact, you can admire all the surrounding hollow and the beautiful medieval building of Casale di Rocca, now abandoned. The importance of this castle is reported since year 967, when it was home of a council that emperor Otto I participated. Various documents referred to following centuries supports the high reputation of the village, because of the influence of its consoles on the wrangles between the municipality and the bishop of Volterra and even on the wars between San Gimignano and Volterra.

Legend says that behind Monte Voltraio a golden hen with twelve golden chicks is hiding. This is a very ancient legend, handed down from generation to generation, dated back even to the Etruscan age, as an expression of the Etruscan confederation and its twelve towns.

To reach this cache drive on the SR68 from Colle di val d'Elsa to Volterra (or vice versa). When near to Volterra, turn right (left, if you come from Volterra) following the sign to Pontedera, then, after few hundreds of meters, turn right again toward Palagione. At the waypoint marked as "Parking" you will find a very small space for just one car. Leave your car and keep going on foot inside the woods following the dirt road, that will soon become a footpath and then a dry stream bed. When you'll be near the summit, the path will become larger again. On your trail, you'll find some forks: usually, the steepest path is the right one, but, if you are in doubt, just trust your GPS unit. First of all, reach the "Sceniv View" waypoint, then proceed to the cache from there. The cache is a plastic container with blue lid inside a whit bag, please hide it well again after logging your visit, because hikers are usual to visit the area sometimes.

Good hunting!

WARNING!!! Ruins are unstable, path is occasionally steep and craggy, and the top of the hill may be subject to landslides. Use gumption and proceed at your own risk.

This is the first time I've tried to help in this manner, but since noone else has replied as of yet, I will essentially rewrite the sentences you've listed how I would have typed them. Note: I have no clue what you mean by "Tuscany panorama", so I'm leaving that one:

------------------------

f you like Tuscany panoramas, then you must climb to the top of Monte Voltraio. The hike is hard and dangerous, but the breathtaking views and sense of peace and harmony will be a good prize for this challenge.

Very little information was available about the area until recent times. Monte Voltraio, also known as Fortress Hillock, rises at few kilometers from the town of Volterra, reaching 458 meters above sea-level. A medieval village was present here in the past, and some ruins can still be seen from Volterra thanks to it's strategic view of Era Valley and Cecina Valley. From it's summit, you can admire the surrounding hollows and the beautiful medieval building of Casale di Rocca, though now abandoned. In the year 967ad, this castle was home to the council of Emperor Otto I.

Many documents over the centuries support the high reputation the village held, due to the influence of its consules on local municipality rulings and even on the wars between San Gimignano and Volterra.

Legend says that behind Monte Voltraio is hidden a golden hen with twelve golden chicks. This is a very ancient legend, handed down from generation to generation, dated back to the Etruscan age.

To reach this cache drive on the SR68 from Colle di val d'Elsa to Volterra (or vice-versa). When near Volterra, turn right (left, if you come from Volterra) following the sign to Pontedera, then after few hundreds of meters turn right again toward Palagione. At the waypoint marked as "Parking" you will find a single parking spot. Leave your car and go on foot through the woods following the dirt road, which will soon become a footpath followed by a dry stream bed. When you near the summit, the path will become larger again. You will find a fork in the trail: usually, the steepest path is the right one, but trust your GPSr if you are in doubt. You'll first reach the "Sceniv View" waypoint, and then proceed to the cache from there. The cache is a plastic container with blue lid inside a white bag. Please hide it well again after logging your visit, as hikers visit the area at times.

Good hunting!

WARNING!!! The ruins are unstable, the path is occasionally steep and craggy, and the top of the hill may be subject to landslides. Be smart, safe, and proceed at your own risk.

--------------------

Hope that helps.

Edited by Kabuthunk

What a good idea. You have done very well.

I have added a couple more changes.

If you like Tuscany panoramas, then you must climb to the top of Monte Voltraio. The hike is hard and dangerous, but the breathtaking views and sense of peace and harmony will be a good prize for this challenge.

Very little information about the area has survived until recent times. Monte Voltraio, also known as Fortress Hillock, rises at few kilometers from the town of Volterra, reaching 458 meters above sea-level. A medieval village was present here in the past, and some ruins can still be seen from Volterra thanks to it's strategic view of Era Valley and Cecina Valley. From it's summit, you can admire the surrounding valleys and the beautiful medieval building of Casale di Rocca, though now abandoned. In the year 967ad, this castle was home to the council of Emperor Otto I.

Many documents over the centuries support the high reputation the village held, due to the influence of its consules on local municipality rulings and even on the wars between San Gimignano and Volterra.

Legend says that behind Monte Voltraio is hidden a golden hen with twelve golden chicks. This is a very ancient legend, handed down from generation to generation, dated back to the Etruscan age.

To reach this cache drive on the SR68 from Colle di val d'Elsa to Volterra (or vice-versa). When near Volterra, turn right (left, if you come from Volterra) following the sign to Pontedera, then after few hundred meters turn right again toward Palagione. At the waypoint marked as "Parking" you will find a single parking spot. Leave your car and go on foot through the woods following the dirt road, which will soon become a footpath followed by a dry stream bed. When you near the summit, the path will become larger again. You will find a fork in the trail: usually, the steepest path is the right one, but trust your GPSr if you are in doubt. You'll first reach the "Sceniv View" waypoint, and then proceed to the cache from there. The cache is a plastic container with blue lid inside a white bag. Please hide it well again after logging your visit, as hikers visit the area at times.

Good hunting!

WARNING!!! The ruins are unstable, the path is occasionally steep and craggy, and the top of the hill may be subject to landslides. Be smart, safe, and proceed at your own risk.

--------------------

Sounds like an excellent cache to visit.

Thank you for putting in the effort to provide an English translation.

I don't know Italian, but Kabuthunk's translation is very well written.

I suspect that the OP altered Kabuthunk's sentence about information because Kabuthunk's wording reversed the intended meaning. If the point is that little information has currently available, then a better wording would be

"Little information about the area has survived."

or if a few extra words are important, the equivalent

"Little information about the area has survived to the present."

In the phrase "thanks to it's strategic view", "it's" should be "its".

"Sceniv View" is obviously just a typo.

Edward