Cointest Cointest

nielsenc

I will guess this one by Damenace http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=167556&hl=

But somehow I think there were earlier ones

Up for grabs is a pair of my Trolley coins. The following rules must be followed:

1) If you already have my Trolley coins please allow others to attempt.

2) One guess allowed every five minutes

3) One guess per post

The question is:

There are five places in this country that have "America" as part of its name, of these five locations which one has the largest population?

Pengo Family won this one with their guess of American Frok UT

Then he asked a second question

Same rules apply as above!

The word liberty appears in how many places nationwide?

Fossillady won that one with her answer of 30

Here's an earlier on

Lemon Fresh Dog ran it which started on11/26/05 http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...114928&st=0

Are coins for collections, or are coins for caches?

BOTH! Hopefully, even though people collect coins, they also take time to cache a coin or two.

I'm pretty honoured that my geobone has found itself incorporated into not one, but two other coins (SWAG Christmas and Go-Mad-Cow). To celebrate this, I thought I would give away one gold geobone and one of my new red-handed coins.

How to win? Easy!

Place a coin in a cache. Log your adventure and the cache number here -- you have an entry. You can enter for any coins you place in caches (this date forward only). You can start the coin, move the coin, whatever....

Then, I will choose one entry (random draw) to win both coins (one is trackable, one isn't -- so it's a cool "set")

And the winner is.........

PASSING WIND!

I found this one:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=74964

I have ordered a special Geocoin which I will place in the best overall cache (judged by me). Geocoins are a nice change from Travel Bugs because they are rarer. I am also doing this to encourage more caches in my area. The Rules:

1. Your cache must be located in or within 20 miles of Merrimack, NH 03054.

2. Your cache must be listed as a Traditional Cache (NOT a multi or virtual cache)

3. Your cache must not be underwater.

One lucky cache will get my Geocoin! Good Luck!

There wasn't a winner.. (or a reply for that matter)

I think this is the first cointest!

the name was: Geocoin Contest!, Dedicated caches will be rewarded...

The geocacher who made it was: GlobeGeorge.

It was on July 8th of 2004.

Here is what it is saying:

I have ordered a special Geocoin which I will place in the best overall cache (judged by me). Geocoins are a nice change from Travel Bugs because they are rarer. I am also doing this to encourage more caches in my area. The Rules:

2. Your cache must be listed as a Traditional Cache (NOT a multi or virtual cache)

I think this is the first cointest!

the name was: Geocoin Contest!, Dedicated caches will be rewarded...

The geocacher who made it was: GlobeGeorge.

It was on July 8th of 2004.

Here is what it is saying:

OH! I just managed to enter again! There was an error...too many conections...

I forgot to mention that the thread was closed, there was no reply so we do not know who the winner was..if there was a winner!!!

Think I find an older one....

Contest - Find The Artist Of My Avatar., Winner gets an "official" MO geocoin.

first posted May 17 2004, 12:36 PM

Rules:

When I joined geocaching.com almost a year and a half ago, I went out on the web looking for an Indian avatar. I found one I liked (look to your left), bookmarked the page and copied the image to use on this website. Several months went by and I decided to contact the artist of the Indian Warrior so I clicked on the bookmark for the webpage and guess what ... that's right the page is defunct. Since then I have spent hours cruising the WWW and google looking for the image and ultimately the artist who painted the image to no avail.

Now, I am hoping to tap the resources of this website. Geocachers who have better computer skills and/or searching skills than I do. I remember the original site was some kind of an art gallery located on the west coast. I do not remember anything else regarding the website. If someone can locate the artist of my avatar I will send you an uncirculated "official" Missouri geocoin (it's very nice). Any takers?

winner was: Cherokeecacher

link:

geocoin contest

Think I find an older one....

Contest - Find The Artist Of My Avatar., Winner gets an "official" MO geocoin.

first posted May 17 2004, 12:36 PM

Rules:

When I joined geocaching.com almost a year and a half ago, I went out on the web looking for an Indian avatar. I found one I liked (look to your left), bookmarked the page and copied the image to use on this website. Several months went by and I decided to contact the artist of the Indian Warrior so I clicked on the bookmark for the webpage and guess what ... that's right the page is defunct. Since then I have spent hours cruising the WWW and google looking for the image and ultimately the artist who painted the image to no avail.

Now, I am hoping to tap the resources of this website. Geocachers who have better computer skills and/or searching skills than I do. I remember the original site was some kind of an art gallery located on the west coast. I do not remember anything else regarding the website. If someone can locate the artist of my avatar I will send you an uncirculated "official" Missouri geocoin (it's very nice). Any takers?

winner was: Cherokeecacher

link:

geocoin contest

This cointest was not in the pages of this foroum! :blink: Of course it is older than the one I posted!