Christian Geocachers

I saw all 3 of these threads and wondered what was going on????

I saw that there was only one reply in this one and will step forward and say JESUS is my Lord!

I usually do not get involved in these type discussions but when it comes to who has the final say he is much greater than I so this is all I will post.

THEOTHRBROTHR

You might want to visit the geocachers4christ.com site.

I happen to be one of those Cachers for Christ.

I won't do what GEO*Trailblazer 1 did in 'our' thread, I'll just say enjoy your beliefs and all the best to you and 'Hi' from my wife and kids I guess :D

I thought they were all "Our Threads"

I just made an equal statement in all of them.

I guess it all depends on what frame of mind you are in while geocaching.

I guess we can all forget to take along something now and then.

XopherN71 PM me on what I did in your thread.

OH yeah and hi from my wife,kids and grandkids.

I won't do what GEO*Trailblazer 1 did in 'our' thread, I'll just say enjoy your beliefs and all the best to you and 'Hi' from my wife and kids I guess :D

How about we not have "Your" thread and "Our" thread... Why must everyone focus on our differences? I've got 2 buddies I cache with that have completely opposite religious and political views than I do. We don't discuss our differences, we only discuss what we have in common.. Guess what that is? GEOCACHING.

Edited by ReadyOrNot

Hey guys,

come on by and check out www.geocachers4christ.com

its the website for the christian geocaching fellowship and it links to our forums where you can connect with christian geocachers around the world.

Blessings,

J

Thanks Jason, I've done that and I'll sign up tomorrow. For now, I need to spend some time in the Word.

Kevin

I want to do an event/ treasure hunt with our Sunday school class one evening.

I would like to do it "private" so the cache are not disrupted.

I could just do it with envelopes for coordinates etc.

Does anyone know of a way to do A PRIVATE GEOCACHE WIHIN GEOCACHING??

Or, SUGGESTIONS for doing it on my own??

SY

SY

Hi there - one of our teachers at a local school is running a private cache search - what he is doing is getting some of the local cachers to hide caches and supply him with the co-ords and write-ups - maybe not the best but it works :)

SY

They don't allow "private" caches to be listed. You can always just hide your own, record the coords, and provide them to the children yourself, but they won't appear online to log unless they're open to everyone.

Just curious...

Is there an Atheist or Agnostic Geocacher's group? The Satanic Geocaching Club I belong to is getting boring.

I get the sarcasim in this post, but why can't there be? I mean really, what's the big deal if someone wants to form a Christian Geocaching club? You don't want to be there or join, then don't... If there is a Atheist or Agnostic group, then so be it. I wouldn't join, but I also would gripe, moan, or belittle them because they had their group. I don't see anyone forcing their beliefs on anyone here; I don't see where it presents any more of an offense than a group getting together to do the whole "I hate micros" thing. It would be a group of cachers who have like interest who get together to discuss like beliefs and go caching. Every sportsman's club that has a group of geocachers would fall into the same category.

Christian Geocachers here from Kansas City area.

We were even thinking of doing a multi where we give versus to read from the bible to find the number in that scripture. Then when they have found all caches and all numbers they will then have the coordinates to the final. We thought about hiding these at various churches around town. I am sure we would get a lot of negative from people. Why can't people just ignore the groups and caches they don't want to be a part of. It's not like they have to do every single one.

Yes, kwvers! I have prayed for help finding a cache - and I have prayed for help finding my way out of the woods and back to my car, to, when I lost the trail or wandered too far!!!

I don't specifically remember praying to find a cache. Being disoriented in the woods however, I am familiar with. I lost my bearings in deep snow (even with GPSr) along a couple of oxbows this past winter. There was a real physical feeling of fear. A moment to rest and pray and suddenly I was headed to the right trail again.