Geowoodstock 7 in 2009 ?

What is Geowoodstock?

It's a mega gathering of cacher from all over the world. It happens on Memorial Day weekend. This year it's in northern California. Last year it was in Raliegh NC. where several thousand cachers showed up. The year before was in Texas, before that Jacksonville, FL. etc... It grows in size every year.

Unlike the original Woodstock, no one gets naked, smokes pot, or tkes mud baths. :blink:

El Diablo

What is Geowoodstock?

It's a mega gathering of cacher from all over the world. It happens on Memorial Day weekend. This year it's in northern California. Last year it was in Raliegh NC. where several thousand cachers showed up. The year before was in Texas, before that Jacksonville, FL. etc... It grows in size every year.

Unlike the original Woodstock, no one gets naked, smokes pot, or tkes mud baths. :anicute:

El Diablo

You needed to visit Room 266, except for the illegal activity, I think we had the others covered, er uncovered :D;):anicute:

Unlike the original Woodstock, no one gets naked, smokes pot, or tkes mud baths. :huh:

El Diablo

El D is correct. The nekkid smokeout in the mudbaths is scheduled for the friday night meet and greet.

Well I can't make it there. Could someone please send pics? :huh:

El Diablo

I've still got the hidden camera footage from GW5. I was thinking about posting some of the incriminating scenes to You Tube!

Well at least we weren't naked...except for....well there was no smoking....except for....well at least we didn't take mud baths. We just had mud wrestling. I guess I had better shut up. :huh:

El Diablo

It's the real deal. The father of GeoWoodstock, Jogps, announced it himself. This town may be little but the organizers and this town have hosted some rather large events. It's not a hoax.

As far as the cache owner having no caches, it is listed by the committee. I can assure you they are already hard at work on GWVII.

I have a feeling that that may not be a real listing. First of all it says it's in the smallest town in Tennessee. A Search of the area find a whopping 3 caches. While it is a beautiful location I don't see the pre-requisites for a GW. Hotels, camping, caches!!! The listing owner also only owns this cache. B)

I think that only GS can make an event a Mega Event, so that is some sort of proof. I'm just glad it is within driving distance for us.

I have a feeling that that may not be a real listing. First of all it says it's in the smallest town in Tennessee. A Search of the area find a whopping 3 caches. While it is a beautiful location I don't see the pre-requisites for a GW. Hotels, camping, caches!!! The listing owner also only owns this cache. B)

I think that only GS can make an event a Mega Event, so that is some sort of proof. I'm just glad it is within driving distance for us.

I guess I stand corrected, it just looked a little off to me. I do hope it is there or at least close by since it's not to far from us! And I love Tenn!!! :)

I have a feeling that that may not be a real listing. First of all it says it's in the smallest town in Tennessee. A Search of the area find a whopping 3 caches. While it is a beautiful location I don't see the pre-requisites for a GW. Hotels, camping, caches!!! The listing owner also only owns this cache

If you take another look:

Conveniently located between Interstates 24 and 65 in Middle Tennessee, Bell Buckle is a Governor's Three Star Community, a proud member of Tennessee Backroads and has the distinction of being the smallest town in Tennessee to be a Tree City, USA.

Specifically: "Smallest town to be a Tree City, USA." It's not the smallest town in TN, but the smallest to be a Tree City.

Also, the listing owner is GeoWoodstock 7 Committee. It doesn't matter that this is their only cache. The account was clearly made specifically for GW7

Besides all that: i was at GW6 this past Saturday, and yes, this is legit. It is the state and the waypoint name that was announced at GW6. So, Bell Buckle, TN, here we come for GW7!

Hope you're ready for us all...it's bound to be a big one, especially if i get as many cars in the caravan i'm working on building as i'd like to have coming from California! :ph34r:

-april

I was looking it over a couple of days ago and it does look legit. I can't wait! Right now we are planning to go since we are in Va and not too far. I love TN!!! It's not that far south of Nashville either so maybe I'll have a chance to go back there too? I used to be part of a wheelchair dance group (Dancing Wheels) that performed on the show Wild Horse Saloon that taped there in Nashville. Yeeeehaaaaawwww!

I wish they'd hurry up and put up a website or add something to the event listing with info. Lots of people have to make reservations, need information to make firm plans!!!! We've made tentative hotel reservations, but would've liked to have known about more local places to stay :D

The website is planned to be released on or around Jan 1st and should have everything on it then and they will not have to add other stuff later, some of it is because of tax reasons associated with the event itself in 2009

The best place to stay will be in the Murfreesboro area, try google

Happy Trails

Joe

The website is planned to be released on or around Jan 1st and should have everything on it then and they will not have to add other stuff later, some of it is because of tax reasons associated with the event itself in 2009

The best place to stay will be in the Murfreesboro area, try google

Happy Trails

Joe

Thanks Joe - with an accounting background, I can understand the Jan 1st date now. We ended up booking a hotel in Murfreesboro.

Maybe an official "Forum" discussion about the plans would be in order - and would not affect tax year stuff. That would help & we're all eager to hear the plans ;)

If you ask me i'd say get a place in Shelbyville. Less trafic and you can get to the event in 15min from downtown hotel.

Murfressburo i'd say it would take 25-35min because of heavy traffic .

But of course im in shelbyville so im bias.

Shelbyville tends to be cheaper, but murfreesboro has more to do.

I can always change my plans...where would you recommend in Shelbyville that's clean & safe?

sent you a email Lizzy.

I got the email - thank you. It looks like I need to do some research & possibly change hotels. At least it's early enough to have a selection left. I live in a small town too, so I'm more comfortable in a smaller city.

Thanks for the info!!