2008 Compass Rose

Fastest Turtle

Hi Everyone,

I hope this topic hasn't been posted before, I gave up on the search. Anyway, does anyone know how many versions of the 2008 Compass Rose Geocoin were made and the mintage of each ?

Yime Rose 21 minted

That's the only one I know of for sure....

Thank You !

Edited by Fastest Turtle

Okay, I found these, is this all of them ? Anybody out there ? Nobody likes me :):D

- Antique bronze

- Antique silver

- Antique copper

- Antique silver outer ring with antique bronze centers.

- Polished gold with polished nickel centers.

- Limited edition black nickel with polished nickel center on back.

- Limited edition polished gold outer ring with antique bronze centers.

well..I haven't seen the 2008, but I grab a compass rose 2007 antique silver with gold weal on the other side, (It is not mine, I have to drop it), and I fell in love with it!!! these coins are unbelievable!!!

I had seen a photo of the gold one too....

Who made these beauties??? Even if I do not have the 2007, I really need to say "Thank you for creating this coin" to the maker!!! :)

I see that these coins have high prices!! Far away from my wallet limits! :D

In general, I don't think that C&P tends to release their mintage numbers. I presume the same would be true of the '08 CR coins.

Mine came a few days ago and they are nice. I think I like last years' better, but the new ones are growing on me. They aren't as flashy as the previous, but they are elegant. I've got one activated to drop in a cache soon. (I need to drop some TBs I've picked up first.)

[quote name=Mine came a few days ago and they are nice. I think I like last years' better, but the new ones are growing on me. They aren't as flashy as the previous, but they are elegant. I've got one activated to drop in a cache soon. (I need to drop some TBs I've picked up first.)

Mine arrived today. Must admit, I was a little disappointed with them. 2006 coin is my favorite, followed by last year’s coin. I noticed a 2005 just sold on ebay for $156 and change, which I also like better than this year’s coin.

I think if someone bought this year's coin, and had not seen the others, they would wonder what all the compass rose mania is all about!!

Sorry to be a downer!!!!!

The YimeRose is the Artist's Edition - 21 made

The Black Nickel with Polished Nickel is the Limited Edition - 65 made

No information has been released about the quantities of the other versions.

You can find a lot more general information about the coins at compassrosegeocoin.com. It lists all the versions from each year.