Zip Codes

geomusic

Where you have the option to search for caches by zip code, I can't use mine because it isn't in the system. The zip code is "new," or was new a year and a half ago. Officially, I am no longer connected to my old one, but the website doesn't seem to recognize the new one. On top of that, my old zip code is now in a town 20 miles away. The closest one is the zip code for local post office boxes, so I use that to search by (it shows my downtown, a few map clicks away. Anyway, with this zip code situation, should I go to the Groundspeak website and try to find an e-mail address or is there a better way to get in touch?

I don't think the zip codes keep up-to-date that much. I believe they were purchased at some point many moons ago, and it's next to impossible to keep up with changes. Maybe at some point in the future, the data set might be purchased again, but it will be out-of-date within a week.

So instead of zip code, why not type in your town in the address line of the seek page (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/). Then regardless of your zip code, you'll get a good search.

Or - if you REALLY want it accurate, find the coordinates for your home, enter them into the geocaching.com/my/home.aspx page and then on your geocaching.com/my page, you can click the "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates" link.

Edited by Markwell

Yeah.

your geocaching.com/my page, you can click the "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates" link.

Thanks for the answer to the home coordinates question I haven't asked yet! :o (I was wondering where a "search near home coordinates" thing would be on the site.)