April Statistics

holograph

There were no GEOCAC recovery reports added to the NGS datasheets in April. It looks like there is a backlog for updates.

Yeah, I've been noticing that. I have one county that should turn "red" as soon as the reports are processed, so I've been checking a couple of the submitted marks every so often.

Two marks I submitted the third week of March now have reports. Perhaps those were processed in March and you caught them in your April update. But a bunch of others that I submitted a week later haven't resulted in updated data sheets yet.

Patty

[ I have one county that should turn "red" as soon as the reports are processed, so I've been checking a couple of the submitted marks every so often.

Patty

Ah. I'm not the only one having fun playing with colors! :D We're working on the NJ DeLorme Challenge, and found a few benchmarks in Princeton, Mercer County.

Thank you for the updates. Love those maps!! It's good to see Franklin County OH in the 100+ group. Only one more white county in PA--anyone have a road trip planned to Johnstown(Cambria County)? Are the county numbers coming, too?

Edited by shorbird

Holograph, thanks for redoing the May statistics!

Drat, I thought I had a county that was going to turn red. I forgot that it needed 101 marks to do that; I've got it up to exactly 100! :P Oh well, sometime soon...

BTW, Holo, if you get a chance sometime, could you maybe put a link on your site to the county numbers page? Or is there one that I just haven't spotted in the navigation bar yet?

Thanks!

Patty

Holograph--

Many thanks, as always. Especially for the second try!

It looks like we can take credit for the addition of Del Norte County, California.

Cheers,

I was down in California last month as well and was able to color Shasta County red for its first GEOCAC recovery. We came back up the coast and I had hoped to make some finds along the way but time got away from us. I was paying special attention to maps showing that area and wondered who might have made the report.

Great information as always. I have really enjoyed the county breakdowns as well. It has given me a new view of what has been recovered in my home state and the minor part I have taken in it.

Thanks again Holograph.

Thanks for the second pass. Appreciated, as always!

AZcachemeister posted an impressive 200-plus marks since the April run. Sudden burst of energy, or were you clearing out a backlog? :D

Good activity also from Shorbird, 2/3 Marine, VagabondsWV, Possum, and several others. I suspect that GPSblake (who uses his bicycle on many hunts) got some good exercise by logging 32 in April. Great job, everyone!

-Paul-

Thanks for the second pass. Appreciated, as always!

AZcachemeister posted an impressive 200-plus marks since the April run. Sudden burst of energy, or were you clearing out a backlog? :D

Good activity also from Shorbird, 2/3 Marine, VagabondsWV, Possum, and several others. I suspect that GPSblake (who uses his bicycle on many hunts) got some good exercise by logging 32 in April. Great job, everyone!

-Paul-

A little of both, I guess! :D

I finally decided to post notes for quite a few missing marks I have been repeatedly revisiting. I wanted to be sure I hadn't overlooked anything before reporting a Not Found. ;)

As well, I have suspended my Geocaching activities, and am now concentrating on ONLY Benchmark Hunting. :)

Hey Holo,

Could you clarify for me what the maps represent? Are they representative of the number of BM logged on Geocaching for the month and/or the number logged to NGS by geocachers or am I completely missing the ball here and its something else entirely?

I know we recovered about a dozen near the end of April and logged them on geocaching, but never logged them to the NGS (we really need to do this as we have recovered a few that have never been recovered or its been 10+ years since its last log). I guess I'm confused as to how or if our recoveries get reflected in the maps.

Sorry for being so dumb. :huh::D

Kat

AstroD-Team

Hey Holo,

Could you clarify for me what the maps represent? Are they representative of the number of BM logged on Geocaching for the month and/or the number logged to NGS by geocachers or am I completely missing the ball here and its something else entirely?

I know we recovered about a dozen near the end of April and logged them on geocaching, but never logged them to the NGS (we really need to do this as we have recovered a few that have never been recovered or its been 10+ years since its last log). I guess I'm confused as to how or if our recoveries get reflected in the maps.

Sorry for being so dumb. :huh::D

Kat

AstroD-Team

There are two maps. Both maps are based on recovery reports sent to the NGS under the GEOCAC organization code. One map shows the cumulative number of reports that have been made to the NGS by geocachers, the other map shows the activity for the most recent month.

If you send reports to the NGS, very often they won't appear on the datasheets until a month later. So reports you made last month may not affect the map until next month.

There are two maps. Both maps are based on recovery reports sent to the NGS under the GEOCAC organization code. One map shows the cumulative number of reports that have been made to the NGS by geocachers, the other map shows the activity for the most recent month.

If you send reports to the NGS, very often they won't appear on the datasheets until a month later. So reports you made last month may not affect the map until next month.

Thank you.

So in other words if we want to contribute to coloring the counties in Wisconsin, we really need to submit reports to the NGS. I hate writing reports.

So in other words if we want to contribute to coloring the counties in Wisconsin, we really need to submit reports to the NGS. I hate writing reports.

There's really no "writing" required. It's mostly clicking on radio buttons and entering a few bits of text (PID, date, and, if you want, your initials).

However, please don't feel that you need to file reports with the NGS. Some of the most active people on this forum never do. The NGS database has its own quirks and requirements that one needs to understand. And, of course, entering logs on two different databases takes more time. So you're welcome to just log them on Gc.com--or just have fun finding them and don't log them at all!

Patty