TB sig hitchhikers

PyrateWench

I had never come across this until last weekend in another part of the state. I found a couple Travel Bugs that had little laminated cards on them. Not from the original owner, but from other cachers that left their mark and passed it along. One had a picture and some cute phrase about "Travel Bug Tours" with the person's name on it. Another had a picture of a nickel for a joke "carrying and transport fee" with a cartoon and another cacher's name.

Is that a common thing people do or anyone else see that a lot? In some ways it's kind of cute... but in other ways seems tacky to put your signature on another cacher's TB - would get awefully cluttered.

(Except one case I saw a key ring that *wanted* people to add more and more keychains to its' collection and then pass on. Or a box that wanted foreign coins to be collected and then passed on.)

You shouldn't attach anything to a TB without first asking the owner. Some don't mind, others do not want their travel bugs altered at all. So, yes, you might see this, and maybe they asked, maybe they didn't, but if you want to start doing that, you should always ask the TB owner if they mind.

You shouldn't attach anything to a TB without first asking the owner. Some don't mind, others do not want their travel bugs altered at all. So, yes, you might see this, and maybe they asked, maybe they didn't, but if you want to start doing that, you should always ask the TB owner if they mind.

Nah, I don't want to start doing it or anything. If you want your name on something, find a cache and sign it - that's what I say =P Putting things all over a TB seems tacky and cluttered. I just never noticed before and then found two in a row - didn't know if it was some new trend.

I've seen this too and know of a local that does something similar.

To be fair, they take the TBs home, make sure they have laminated mission tags, good connections, etc. I'm not sure if they actually ask if htey can attach a sig item or not, but my guess is that they do.

In any case, I think it's a bit weird - but as long as it doesn't happen to my travelers...

I've seen this too and know of a local that does something similar.

To be fair, they take the TBs home, make sure they have laminated mission tags, good connections, etc. I'm not sure if they actually ask if they can attach a sig item or not, but my guess is that they do.

In any case, I think it's a bit weird - but as long as it doesn't happen to my travelers...

I heard that they do this because they are prolific TB and geocoin loggers. They "tag" them so they know if they came across one that they've already had in their possession :D

Yeah I just had one of my travel bugs picked up by cacher who sent me off an email saying "As you know travel slug geocoin travelers pick up items along the way, so just wait and see what we have done with yours."

Actually I didn't know this, nor did I really want or expect it to happen to my TB, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I would not add anything to a TB without permission. I did, however, recently place a TB while traveling. Due to the small size of the cache, I was not able to add a hitchiker or even a copy of the cache page. My hope is that hitchikers find it and hitch a ride, and take photos along the way.