New Zealand Geocoins

madkiwiman

This might a brief forum - but trying to find info on NZ geocoins is like pulling teeth it seems. I dont think there are many around - yet :)

I just won a Team Chelmo geocoin on ebay and are gathering info on other NZ coins out there. I know the GPS society - 2007 Fern is about to get a new one delivered and will be available to sale soon. (nice looking coin by the way!)

What other NZ Geocoins are out there for a kiwi who lives in NC and wants to release a few to try and get to NZ and back :mad:

I dont have any to trade - yet, so just looking for info on what is out there.

Any and all info will be appreciated

MadkiwiMan (aka madnewzealanderman - for those who think i'm mad about kiwi fruit)

The 2006 Kiwi coin was plentiful when I first came onto the geocoin scene. About 1000 must have been minted as they were being sold on Ebay in packs of 3 for what seemed like forever.

I believe Keewee also has a personal geocoin out and with Team Chelmo that makes the NZ trifecta.

And on October 6th 2007 a worldwide geocaching event took place: the Geocoinfest Multi-Event "A Mosaic Of Events".

This event was held that day on 24 different locations in the world, mostly in the U.S.A., but also in Canada, the Netherlands and . . . . in New Zealand.

DSC_5096.jpgDSC_5101.jpg

An event geocoin has been issued, the same coin for all locations. But for each location the name has been engraved on the back side of the coin. For the New Zealand event that was AOTEAROA.

New Zealand geocoins.

1. Kiwi 2006

efe652b1-5e9e-4077-95da-17c0692fdbf0.jpg

2. Fern 2007

c7afadeb-d38d-4650-b8fd-f761b52b3a4b.jpg

3. Sputnik by ZorkV (more international, but produced by a kiwi)

b0b5c29c-c434-42bb-98b4-373545f1711d.jpg

4.Kiwifruit (also by ZorkV) on sale now)

5. Team Chelmo - Gold, Silver, Copper and LE Gold/Silver

a909b88f-8d8e-427d-8dfb-a5480ad13897.jpg

1e7a5580-9815-4251-af4f-9d00af74b7a6.jpg

f42e1396-debd-4370-a407-1e033e7de7a6.jpg

The first two were produced by the GPS society in NZ. Currently getting about US$50, I believe.

Also there's a Signal geocoin - bungy jumping in NZ - even has a little bit of red elastic attached.

49873a5d-562a-44d9-8580-34017ad9ddc6.jpg

There may be more, but I can't recall any at the moment.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

#6 - my keewee Geotag, which there is one on it's way to you (or there shortly will be)

a5237549-e9a2-4562-8b8a-3f4850c1be2e.jpg

I have also made GeoJellies with a New Zealand flavor:

Kiwi%20Fruit%20Geo-Jellies_sml.JPG

GeoJellies v1 - Kiwi Fruit (2 types - Glitter & 2-Tone)

GeoJellies v1 - Radioactive Kiwi Fruit

JG2_keewee%20fruit_sml.jpg

GeoJellies v2 - keewee fruit

JG2_Aotearoa_sml.jpg

GeoJellies v2 - Aotearoa (made by keewee and rattusbaggus)

GeoJellies v3 - keewee fruit (same as v2)

GeoJellies Big Bean - keewee fruit fantastic

Edited by keewee

The 2006 Kiwi geocoin was done by Hex The Kiwi (I think that is his name).

There is no news at the moment on the 2008 NZ Recreational GPS Society geocoin yet. I have heard rumors about what it is... but nothing hard and fast yet.

Thanks everyone for the awesome coin info - there are more than i thought. Yes i would like the get the new Fern 2007 coin coming out. Society members can order now i believe - i will have to wait till they come out

(hope i have my info right - and it's not a 2008 coin - oh well)

Man alive - Yes an ALL BLACKS GEOCOIN - now there's a winner if ever there was :)

still waiting for my Team Chelmo silver geocoin to turn up - not long now i hope.

Edited by madkiwiman

Society members can order now i believe

We can!??????????? I'd better go look again as yesterday when I looked there'd been no new info for months and months.

Ah, me thinks you've been looking at the website and seen the very old and out of date message on the homepage that members can order last years coin! :D

I'm an ex-pat kiwi too - living in South Australia - a newbie (about 5 weeks) - collecting a few geocoins - would love to get my hands on any / all NZ GCs etc. Received a Chelmo GC in the post today(bought thru eBay) and I'm in LOVE! LOL.

Are there any NZ GCs that I can order around the place or anyone looking for trades?

Cheers

Apty

(Apty = short for Apteryx)

Where can i get a NZ leap year coin to start my collection, or failing that any leap year coin. I am going to a leap year event but I understand there won't be any coins there. Thanks

You might be able to trade with someone (or get someone to buy you one) going to the Dunedin, Wellington or Auckland events.

Otherwise, I expect Geoswag will have a version that is sold online in their store.

I also have some "Canterbury" 11-11-11 event coins.

Where can i get a NZ leap year coin to start my collection, or failing that any leap year coin. I am going to a leap year event but I understand there won't be any coins there. Thanks

You might be able to trade with someone (or get someone to buy you one) going to the Dunedin, Wellington or Auckland events.

Otherwise, I expect Geoswag will have a version that is sold online in their store.

I see I have an email from GeoSwag saying they have a couple for sale, but looks like they've sold out of them already. Keep an eye out on GeoSwag in case they put any more up.

I see I have an email from GeoSwag saying they have a couple for sale, but looks like they've sold out of them already. Keep an eye out on GeoSwag in case they put any more up.

Thanks for the info. I'll google geoswag and see what they have. I didn't realise Canterbury had a 11-11-11 coin.

Thanks for the info. I'll google geoswag and see what they have. I didn't realise Canterbury had a 11-11-11 coin.

They did, but for a number of reason the event didn't happen. :(